Its So Hard even songs i know Like the back of my hand i cant do it. i start doing one but stop doing the other.
practice. as simple as that.
Quote by Mauri_wario
I would indeed "fap that thaing", but my dog is looking at me and it feels highly iinappropriate.
practice practice practice

it's best to start with easy ones that are just strumming and very simple rhythms.

then practice practice practice.
ive been practicing. are u trying to just strum chords and sing o pick individual notes. i found that it was easier to sing along with chords. Time of your life was my first. now i can sing and strum along to almost any song without practice just pulling it up on my computer. not so much for notes yet. but practice will mae u better
pick a VERY basic song. find a pop or pop/punk song thats just three or four power chords that has a very easy rhythm and singing melody. something like "ocean avenue" by yellowcard would be a good example.

but honestly, it just takes a little practice.
The first song I ever sung and played on guitar was Nirvana - Polly. I'd advise you to try that, or something similar which is pretty much just chords. Another good idea would be Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here.
Thanks for all the Help but i play bass any starter suggestions for songs there.
but still thank for the help
Quote by Brent the Bass
Thanks for all the Help but i play bass any starter suggestions for songs there.
but still thank for the help

Try "Nothing Else Matters" by Metallica- pretty simple all round. Also, I think "Smoke on the Water" (Deep Purple) is pretty simple on bass (at least, the verse is!).
Try Black Sabbath - Iron Man or NIB, because the vocals have the same melody as the riff
Like everyone has been saying, it's simply practice at it's finest. I never thought I would be able to strum and sing but it's no problem for me now. Same with chords, barre chords, and certain tabs. It's always "How am I going to learn that?".
"Whatever gets you through the night, it's alright, it's alright"- John Lennon
One thing that's been helping me with this is not looking at my guitar when I'm practicing, or trying not to anyways.

Once you can play the rhythm with your eyes closed perfectly you can put your hands on auto-pilot and let your brain concentrate on the singing part.
Thanks Guys
His Name is Ishmael... He Levels Small Buildings... Crumbles Solar Systems... Created Jesus... Destroyed Jesus... Created Hitler... Regrets His Creation... All of Which Done With His Fender Bass and Raw Power... His Bass Lines Created Orgasms...
Practice, practice, practice, and basicly say what everyone else says.

Although, one thing i do is learn a song and play it while talking to a friend. If my fingers are going off of muscle memory while i have a good conversation with someone, singing is the next step. Talking and singing are basicly the same thing, just you're trying to match notes with words...kinda like dating
If you want to be able to sing and play well, one of those must come to you naturally. You have to be able to play the song while listening to someone talk, or while talking to someone, then it's virtually the same as singing.
Well sometimes if People ask me something when im playing i can be Like "its over there" or something while im playing but i tried to sing bulls on parade while playing and it was so hard...

like you have to sustain a lot of notes so i lose timing
His Name is Ishmael... He Levels Small Buildings... Crumbles Solar Systems... Created Jesus... Destroyed Jesus... Created Hitler... Regrets His Creation... All of Which Done With His Fender Bass and Raw Power... His Bass Lines Created Orgasms...
Quote by Grassy
If you want to be able to sing and play well, one of those must come to you naturally. You have to be able to play the song while listening to someone talk, or while talking to someone, then it's virtually the same as singing.

Just don't try to talk to someone while singing....then you'll kinda have to stop singing to talk.