Hey guys, I play almost strictly metal ( Thrash, traditional heavy metal, metalcore, etc) and I'm always going back and forth between standard and Drop C. I would like to be able to play Drop B or even Drop A, but I don't want to set my guitar up that low, because I wouldn't be able to play in standard with that kind of string tension. Is the Morpheus DropTune a viable alternative to having a second guitar? I'm playing in my room for now.
Gear

Schecter C-1+

LTD MH-350NT

Line 6 Valve 212 MkII
Quote by iEvil
Hey guys, I play almost strictly metal ( Thrash, traditional heavy metal, metalcore, etc) and I'm always going back and forth between standard and Drop C. I would like to be able to play Drop B or even Drop A, but I don't want to set my guitar up that low, because I wouldn't be able to play in standard with that kind of string tension. Is the Morpheus DropTune a viable alternative to having a second guitar? I'm playing in my room for now.

From what I've heard, it tracks pretty well. It won't be able to detune you from Standard to Drop C, it will only be able to tune you in Half Steps down.
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
Thanks. I realize that. I don't mind tuning to Drop C, but I just can't tune to Drop B with my current setup. Mostly it would be for going past Drop C.
Gear

Schecter C-1+

LTD MH-350NT

Line 6 Valve 212 MkII
I would assume just setting your guitar in drop be and going down would work great.
Pm me if you've got some pedals to sell
It works, but it won’t sound like a guitar that’s actually set up for those tunings because the strings you’ll be using are so much lighter. Beats the hell out of changing your tuning every day, tho.

If you really like to play around with tunings you might want to get a Line 6 Variax guitar in the long run. They’re modeling guitars and can model just about any tuning you want—pretty cheap and convenient compared to collecting new guitars for different tunings.