Page 1 of 2
Does anyone here practice meditation or anything related to it? I was pretty skeptical of it at first but was completely surprised when I experienced it firsthand.
"There are two wolves fighting inside all of us - the wolf of fear and hate, and the wolf of love and peace." The grandson listened, then looked up at his grandfather and asked, "Which one will win?", The grandfather replied, "the one we feed".
I did it in sixth form college and have used it for stress relief many times since.
When altitude dropping, my ears started popping. One more red nightmare...
Yeah, it's relaxing. But really hard for me to make my mind not concentrate so hard on certain things.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Putting aside time for meditation is kinda pointless, just go take a crap and leave your iPhone in the other room.

Just my opinion...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by biga29
Putting aside time for meditation is kinda pointless, just go take a crap and leave your iPhone in the other room.

Just my opinion...

this.

The only time I'm ever zen and stress free is on the john. Not even a lazyboy and a cold beer can hold a candle to that.
Meditation? None for me thanks. Imho, ohhmm should be followed with nom nom nom.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by biga29

Just my opinion...

Well I actually consider that a form of meditation. Just sitting there, killing two birds with one stone, letting the naturality of life happen.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
I don't have time for such things.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Quote by bradulator
Well I actually consider that a form of meditation. Just sitting there, killing two birds with one stone, letting the naturality of life happen.

That's why I said "putting aside time", like if you got up every morning and went outside and sat with your eyes closed for like 15 minutes. It's all the same really.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
I meditate daily. Sitting on the toilet=/=meditation in anyway. Only an ignorant fool who has never meditated would say that.

Meditation is most effective when you do it at the same time every day :/
Quote by tubatom868686
I meditate daily. Sitting on the toilet=/=meditation in anyway. Only an ignorant fool who has never meditated would say that. /

Agreed
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
You know the words that Uncle says in Jackie Chan Adventures when hes doing spells? Yeah I recite that
Quote by Kyose
You sir are my God.

That game had the best synthesis system ever.

Quote by firebird103
I'm pretty sure you just won the thread. I can confirm everything you just said as well being a heavily qualified geek myself....

Congrats sir
Quote by tubatom868686
I meditate daily. Sitting on the toilet=/=meditation in anyway. Only an ignorant fool who has never meditated would say that.

So what is meditation...? Please don't tell me it's that stupid guided crap I had to do back at my Catholic school all the time...

continuous and profound contemplation or musing on a subject or series of subjects of a deep or abstruse nature

Your saying you can't do that^ anywhere?
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Quote by tubatom868686

Meditation is most effective when you do it at the same time every day :/
That sounds a bit aggressive. Perhaps you should meditate or smth.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
So what is meditation...? Please don't tell em it's that stupid guided crap I had to do back at my Catholic school all the time...

Mediation is a time for your brain to take a break; its a time to let thoughts and emotions flow through your mind freely without discrimination from the conscious. Its a way of observing your mind, rather than controlling it.

EDIT: I didnt mean it aggressively someoneyouknew . Imagine if Buddha called you an ignorant fool. It wouldnt be saying, "Your an idiot," it would be saying, "Were both idiots, but heres how we can try to overcome"
Last edited by tubatom868686 at Aug 11, 2010,
Quote by tubatom868686
Mediation is a time for your brain to take a break; its a time to let thoughts and emotions flow through your mind freely without discrimination from the conscious. Its a way of observing your mind, rather than controlling it.

So its a bunch of bullshit. Got it.
Quote by Dirge Humani
Nope.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYX45vJ4M28
First 2 seconds
Quote by Kyose
You sir are my God.

Quote by firebird103
I'm pretty sure you just won the thread. I can confirm everything you just said as well being a heavily qualified geek myself....

Congrats sir
Quote by tubatom868686

Quote by biga29

Your saying you can't do that^ anywhere?

You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Quote by Dirge Humani
So its a bunch of bullshit. Got it.

If thats what you think, then dont do it. But your missing out

To the above, you can meditate anywhere you want
I don't see how you can do it on the toilet. I'm to busy straining and pushing and crying my eyes out in pain. No peace of mind whatsoever
Quote by Kyose
You sir are my God.

Quote by firebird103

Congrats sir
Quote by Thepredster
I don't see how you can do it on the toilet. I'm to busy straining and pushing and crying my eyes out in pain. No peace of mind whatsoever

People in India routinely go through surgery with no anesthesia because they can meditate so well that they can literally "turn off" their pain. If they can pull that off, then you can meditate on the crapper
Quote by tubatom868686
If thats what you think, then dont do it. But your missing out

To the above, you can meditate anywhere you want

Like on the pooper?
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Quote by tubatom868686
People in India routinely go through surgery with no anesthesia because they can meditate so well that they can literally "turn off" their pain. If they can pull that off, then you can meditate on the crapper

Dude I swear to god I took the biggest crap ever. Like it was a world record and i called in my brother and cousin to look and they agreed. It took 3 flushing for it to go down. Weird thing was it didn't hurt at all. Does that count?
Quote by Kyose
You sir are my God.

Quote by firebird103

Congrats sir
Quote by tubatom868686
EDIT: I didnt mean it aggressively someoneyouknew . Imagine if Buddha called you an ignorant fool. It wouldnt be saying, "Your an idiot," it would be saying, "Were both idiots, but heres how we can try to overcome"
Would never happen.

1 - I'm not an ignorant fool. Buddha knows this.
1 - Buddha might refer to someone as "unenlightened" but I highly doubt he would stoop to an ad-hominem attack like "ignorant fool".

*You're

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
Last edited by SomeoneYouKnew at Aug 11, 2010,
Quote by Dirge Humani
Gonna need a source on that.

Cant find on google, but it was on the news in germany when I went before. Sorry for no sauce. What I CAN find is an account of a licensed MD raising his body temperature ten degrees solely through meditation if you want

Anyways, the point of meditation isnt to be able to do cool tricks with your body. Its actually not about anything. But I would say something most people get out of it is a greater knowledge of themselves
Last edited by tubatom868686 at Aug 11, 2010,
Quote by tubatom868686
Cant find on google, but it was on the news in germany when I went before. Sorry for no sauce. What I CAN find is an account of a licensed MD raising his body temperature ten degrees solely through meditation if you want

I don't believe that either, because a body temperature above 104 or 106 is lethal, because the enzymes that do important things physically cannot work.
Quote by Dirge Humani
I don't believe that either, because a body temperature above 104 or 106 is lethal, because the enzymes that do important things physically cannot work.

It was developed by Tibetan monks so that they could survive long cold winters. If your core temperature drops to 88 then a 10 degree boost is perfect

Dont believe it if you dont want though. Your the only one missing out on the REAL benefits of meditation
Quote by Zoot Allures
Why the hell do people not 'believe' in mediation or that it works. Seriously, this isn't hard to get started with and it's a good thing to do, i wish i did it more.
Then do it.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I meditate, it's generaly called 'lying down and relaxing in your bed before you go to sleep at night' by everyone else though.

Quote by Thepredster

Try changing your diet. Having a crap shouldn't hurt, it should simply be a by-product of relaxing your sphincter and pushing gently.
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Aug 11, 2010,
Quote by SlackerBabbath
I meditate, it's generaly called 'lying down and relaxing in your bed before you go to sleep at night' by everyone else though.

You can meditate in corpse pose (lying down) but lying down on your bed before sleep isnt meditation. Theres more to it than that
Page 1 of 2