f****** awesome!
i've been playing guitar for 7 years now, love it to death. finally hooked up with a great band and we've been playing some bars and stuff all summer (like 10-12 a month) and its been going great.

what i've learned so far:

*if your up on stage everyone wants to be your friend. they want to get you drunk (they pay). they want to get you high. and yesss, they want to makez sex all over your face.

* "i'm yours" still kills.

* arguing with drunks gets you nowhere, just laugh at them instead

*the best way to get gigs when your not just a coverband is to get a 3+ hour setlist of danceable cover songs and stick your own songs in throughout the evening.

*unless you hit all the strings without fretting, nobodies going to notice your little mistakes unless they are a musician themselves which, in that case, they will chat you up.

*you don't have to play "freebird" if you don't want to.

anything to add? discuss?
Sounds great! I justed started a band and we´re still playing covers but maybe in the near feature there might be some of our own songs in the setlist.
This thread really makes me want to gig :P:
Gear:
----------------------
Jack and Danny Brothers Ls-5
Ibanez Gsa 60
----------------------
Zoom g9.2tt (for sale (NL))
----------------------
Blackheart Little Giant
its great also on the way to a gig if you walk to it while carryng your guitar or other instrument you could get more gigs or even people to show up
nonmusicians also think your awesome
Yet another fine victory for Captain Obvious.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
The word "musician" is thrown around a lot these days.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
^This, I also recommend maybe putting some sort of shield thing for your pedalboard, so you don't get beer and shit all over your pedals.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly