About a week or so ago i purchased a guitar with a floyd rose and the part of the guitar that the tremolo arm goes into always goes loose after a few minutes so i opend up the back and the nut that holds it in is lose but i cant get it tight cause i cant reach it.
Last edited by ninja_stewie at Aug 11, 2010,
You need to use an allen key, if you don't know what that is seach "allen key" on google and show pictures.

If you a bigger problem with your floyd rose whammy bar, you can go to your local shop and buy a ned whammy arm + a socket which goes into the floyd rose, and so you can change the intire "arm" part of the floyd rose.. but start with the first option
Dutc tape solves all up to equations of 4. degree

Bugera 333xl
Peavey 5150 Cab
TC Electronics G-major
RG1527 w/ Dimarzio X2n-7 and Evo-7
Kramer Voyager
Ltd JH-600 w/ 2 emg 81, floyd rose and S and key inlays
Fender Classic 50 strat
Looks like you have to remove your strings and take the floyd out to tighten it..
Yeah agreed with oed, well on my guitar i don't have to take it out to adjust, but seems you have to, bad luck mate, but while doing so you can also adjust string height and lubricate the pivot screws for the floyd rose.
Dutc tape solves all up to equations of 4. degree

Bugera 333xl
Peavey 5150 Cab
TC Electronics G-major
RG1527 w/ Dimarzio X2n-7 and Evo-7
Kramer Voyager
Ltd JH-600 w/ 2 emg 81, floyd rose and S and key inlays
Fender Classic 50 strat
dude same issue on mine. i was gunna super glue it cause i asked in the FR thread a month ago and no one answered

ill try what these guys are sayin and report back if you havnt done so already
"Would you tell Picasso to sell his guitars?" - Jack Black

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

my dick is generally better than yours, and is more pleasing to look at and hold.
your dick understands and accepts this, and is willing to just move on.
Quote by ninja_stewie
Is removing and putting back the floyd rose a pain in the ass.

Major.
..I was watching my death.
Quote by timbit2006
Major.

I would not say that, I think it's pretty easy. I do it every time I change strings..
Quote by oed
I would not say that, I think it's pretty easy. I do it every time I change strings..

It was for me.
Why'd you take the thing out when you put on new strings though? I don't think it's necessary.
Actually, taking out any floating trem is a pain in the ass, mainly 'cause of the setup required after. Unless you use a Tremol-no or something.
..I was watching my death.
^Setting it up is a breeze. It's basic mechanical principles at work.

TS: You could also chisel out that shelf. It seems to serve no purpose, and if your guitar is not some vintage this-or-that collectible then it'll not hurt the value at all.
Quote by timbit2006
It was for me.
Why'd you take the thing out when you put on new strings though? I don't think it's necessary.
Actually, taking out any floating trem is a pain in the ass, mainly 'cause of the setup required after. Unless you use a Tremol-no or something.

I take it out to better clean the fretboard and the floyd itself..
And I think it's as much work to change each string individually (I don't use a "Tremol-no").
Begin with removing your strings then just take the springs off and it's out..
Is It Possible to leave the strings on but have them really slack and remove the floyd rose.