Ok, I was just wondering if there is a crack in the wood of a guitar, will it harm the sound or anything like that?

I'm buying this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280545193699&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

(meeting the guy this week to buy the guitar, we've already agreed a price and he'll be taking the auction down) but he's still got it on ebay for now, so here's the auction, with the pics. The second pic shows a dent, and then a crack, which I initially though might just be a crack in the paint

First off, will this weaken the wood to the point where the crack could deepen and then the end of the horn could just snap off or something horrible like that?

And before you say it might just be a crack in the paint, I've contacted the seller and he has told me it is in fact a crack in the wood (though he could be wrong I don't know?)

If it's nothing bad, and the crack will be purely aesthetic, is it possible to strip the paint of the end of that one horn, and then repaint (just the end of that one horn) with black paint, and then varnish it over or something? This would also get rid of the dent?

Thank you for your wisdom regarding cracks
Gear:

Vintage VS6 (Wine Red)

Marshall VS100 Valvestate head with 4x12 angled cab

Squier Strat (Fiesta Red) 90's, Korean
from these pictures, it looks like just a crack in paint. either way, as long as you don't put constant pressure on that spot, it'll be fine.
If you put lacquer over the top of it then it should make it stronger but if you want to repaint it, it wont be the same black, black is one of the hardest colours to paint a guitar to get an even spread.
I'd stay away,just to be sure cause I saw once an RR3 which had snapped clean a part of its wing due to unknown reasons in shipping,with no visible damage on the case
Hmm, I have conflicting advice here guys...I don't knwo what to do, cause I have it on a very good deal, £100...
Gear:

Vintage VS6 (Wine Red)

Yeah but I would much rather save for a Rhoads without a crack if you think that the crack in this one might deepen break the wing all together
Gear:

Vintage VS6 (Wine Red)

It's just a paint chip, it'll be fine.

If in the worst case scenario it chips off, it's just the very tip of the wing. You could most likely glue it back on - good as new. Or you could leave it off and say it has personality.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X