So I have a Line6 POD X3 that I ordered from Musicians Friend. Now I THINK I have the gold coverage, which is good for maybe another year or so. From what I understand, the Gold Coverage grants that I can send back my broken product as long as I didn't damage it in any way. My POD all of a sudden stopped turning on, however, if I press and hold the on switch with force, the POD stays on. This leads me to believe that the problem may just be some bad soldering for the switch. It could be a quick and easy fix, however, opening up my POD would void my warranty, and I don't want to risk it. I don't even know if my POD's problem would be covered with the gold coverage. I tried emailing MF, but they said that I have to call. Which is kind of a problem because I live overseas and I don't want to stay up all night just to make a phone call that'll cost me a fortune. But if I CAN send back my POD, then I'll get it back, free of charge, and working properly.

BUT I don't want to do all that hassle. So my question to YOU, Pit, is should I risk voiding my warranty for good by opening up my POD to do what SEEMS to be a quick and easy fix. Or should I call MF, and see if my product is even "within standard" to be shipped to them. And even if it is, it's going to be a hassle. Not just shipping it but waiting as well; I recently ordered a guitar from there and it took almost two months to get to me. So what should I do? As of right now, I'm thinking about opening 'er up..
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
Nobody cares.

I'd say send it back to them though, before you crack it open and **** it up good and proper.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by metacarpi
Nobody cares.

I'd say send it back to them though, before you crack it open and **** it up good and proper.

this
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Couldn't you just re-solder it, and not tell them?
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by whalepudding
Couldn't you just re-solder it, and not tell them?

Well, I...

Hmm.

He will be missed.
Quote by larrytheguitar
I recently ordered a guitar from there and it took almost two months to get to me. So what should I do?

Stop ordering a bunch of crap from overseas and you won't have to deal with all this shit.
Sounds like it's as reliable as most Line 6 gear. Crack it open and have a look. Make sure it can be put back together without any noticeable tampering evidence. Easy.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Quote by Ascendant
Stop ordering a bunch of crap from overseas and you won't have to deal with all this shit.

I was thinking this, surely there are music stores wherever you are currently?
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

I had this kinda dillema with my Akai Headrush when I first bought it, I just cracked it open and sorted out the solder. How're they going to know you opened it up? Is it just standard screws it's held together with?
Quote by Ascendant

The stores where I live has horrible selection and the prices are jacked up. I'd rather order from MF and other sites because it's cheaper (for me).

I suppose I could give it a look and then just put it back together. But if I open her up, and try to fix the problem, but it doesn't work, won't they know I tampered with it?

He will be missed.