So i bought this guitar from my mate awhile back, kinda a shitty model, one of those Encore Stratocaster things, ripoff of a fender. Anyway, he didn't bother to give me the original equipment with it, and i want to install a whammy bar. Looking on the amazon.co.uk and related sites, they appear to have a 5 or 6mm 'thread'. I'm not sure what any of this means. So i was just wondering if anyone could offer some basic help of what whammy bar to buy, and how easy it would be to install, thanks.
the thread is the size of the screw part at one end of the bar that fits into the tremm so it should corrispond to the thread in the tremm.

but thats the extent of my Knowledge on tremms, i cant stand them lol
Quote by Metalmarathon
The concept of self-fulfilling prophecies never seem to occur to the ones that always create them.

Attic Green
My Band
Last edited by Dave Frenzy at Aug 11, 2010,
Sooo...How do i measure the thread in my guitar? Just...Measure the diameter of the hole? Never touched a trem before, but i need to add some extra wham to my wah, as it were..
Ok....by install you mean what? Now the thread size is how wide it is...
You measure with a ruler etc. XD but yeah, the diameter.
Last edited by conor-figgy at Aug 11, 2010,
Quote by conor-figgy

Screw....In...
And possibly loosen the springs to make the bridge float. Like i said, i dunno what it entails. I never touched a wham bar before.
Quote by conor-figgy

yeah basicly that, there will be a difference in the size of the hole.

you could try googling the guitars make and model, that might give you some specs on it.

and i wouldnt bother with amazon, check Ebay for second hand parts first. will definatly work out cheaper.
Quote by Metalmarathon
The concept of self-fulfilling prophecies never seem to occur to the ones that always create them.

Attic Green
My Band
Quote by conor-figgy

yeah this.

but that isnt what I am posting for.

holy shit, i got sigged
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
Okay guys. Thanks for making me feel like the new guy (again). I'm just gonna buy one and see what happens. Peace.