I like it! Piano adds a cool dimension like the outro! Well done don't know what else to say!
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Help Bunny gain world domination by copying and pasting him in your sig or webpage.

ANDY!!!
It's very, very formulaic. Doesn't really do anything original or unique. I'd suggest working on the drums, they're real, REAL basic.
Quote by Andy2k64
I like it! Piano adds a cool dimension like the outro! Well done don't know what else to say!

This type of critique annoys me about these forums. This dosen't help anyone.

Anyway, like the other person said, the drums are too basic. I like how the bass follows the lead guitar in the verse, but saying that, the transition into the verse (The little lead lick and the Dropped D power chords) is horrid. The verse itself just sounds weird to me. Maybe you were going for that, but I don't know. The verse at bar 13, if it had a better drum part, would be fantastic. Generic, but still pretty good. The interlude and the bit after was great, but like before, it's generic (Which isn't a bad thing, it's just something that's been done a billion times before). I might even have a play with this GP file, to show you some ideas for drum tracks and stuff . The sweeps, again, generic, but sounded alright. I can imagine that with lots of delays and such. The chorus, same as usual so far. Decent, but dosen't stand out amongst alot of other Post Hardcore songs I've heard in terms of being original. The solo, sounded a bit to wanky and shreddy for my tastes. This genre dosen't need that really. The piano in the outro was a nice touch, but when the guitars and such stopped, it just sounded odd. You should have carried those on and done a big fade out.

Overall - 6/10. It's not bad, but could use some work.

EDIT - had a play with the drum track, and the bass track in a few parts to give you some ideas.
Attachments:
ahhhhhh[1].gp5
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Last edited by Carl6661 at Aug 11, 2010,
Quote by Carl6661
This type of critique annoys me about these forums. This dosen't help anyone.

Anyway, like the other person said, the drums are too basic. I like how the bass follows the lead guitar in the verse, but saying that, the transition into the verse (The little lead lick and the Dropped D power chords) is horrid. The verse itself just sounds weird to me. Maybe you were going for that, but I don't know. The verse at bar 13, if it had a better drum part, would be fantastic. Generic, but still pretty good. The interlude and the bit after was great, but like before, it's generic (Which isn't a bad thing, it's just something that's been done a billion times before). I might even have a play with this GP file, to show you some ideas for drum tracks and stuff . The sweeps, again, generic, but sounded alright. I can imagine that with lots of delays and such. The chorus, same as usual so far. Decent, but dosen't stand out amongst alot of other Post Hardcore songs I've heard in terms of being original. The solo, sounded a bit to wanky and shreddy for my tastes. This genre dosen't need that really. The piano in the outro was a nice touch, but when the guitars and such stopped, it just sounded odd. You should have carried those on and done a big fade out.

Overall - 6/10. It's not bad, but could use some work.

EDIT - had a play with the drum track, and the bass track in a few parts to give you some ideas.

Agreed with the guitars for the outro, I liked the drums for a lot of it, I'm still working on writing drums, and song writing too I guess.

I like wanky solo's lol. I get that it is a bit unnecessary just the way that it happened. And it is very formulated, didn't mean for that to happen, I havent been able to play guitar for a few months now, so I'm hoping as soon as I can get one I can make it more free flowing and unique.
Quote by Matt Chavie
I havent been able to play guitar for a few months now, so I'm hoping as soon as I can get one I can make it more free flowing and unique.

I look foward to hearing it.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.