I bought a Yamaha MW10C USB Audio Interface with Cubase AI4 about a year ago. I noticed this version of Cubase was designed specifically for this interface. I love the interface, but since I bought it I have been having problems with using Cubase. For example, Cubase doesn't recognize any inputs through the interface, but its will recognize outputs. I have e-mailed Steinberg & Yamaha to try and solve the issue, but not much has come of it.

At the moment I am using Audacity to record, which is ok but I would prefer something a bit more advanced. Before I spend any money on some new software, I was wondering does each software package have a corresponding hardware interface? Or will I be able to use the interface I already have on other software?
Also if anyone could recommend some decent & cheap(ish) software that would be great!
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1339174

Assuming the interface is working properly, you should be able to use it with just about any software out there. I use my two audio interfaces on about 5 different programs every day and have never had an issue.

The only real issue is ProTools which requires specific hardware to install and run.
Last edited by moody07747 at Aug 11, 2010,