Alright so im taking Advanced european history for school and i need to right a essay about life in the middle ages for nobility clergy and pesentry. i know what am going to write for the body paragraphs and ending but i dont know how to open it so i was wondering if any one could give me a hand with ideas or an outline.
thanks in advance
Last edited by doomsday5567 at Aug 11, 2010,
A long time ago. in a galaxy far far away...
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Open it with a regular church assembly, talk about how they used to have meeting there to tell the people how things were going, obscurity of the religion, what happened in the village then sort of smooth things over to how the entire country/area was doing.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
This is a story all about how, medieval Europe turned upside down, so I'd like to take a minute so just sit right there, I'll tell you all about life in the middle ages for nobility, clergy, and peasentry
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

+1

Just show Episode IV via an overhead projector for the class. Not an answer to the problem you asked, but hey, it's Episode IV.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Since it's an Historical Essay, perhaps you should start with a thesis statement. A thesis statement is a statement in an essay that you plan to support, discuss or prove.

Edit: Here is a lesson
"Swords, nature's hell sticks."- Trip Fisk
Last edited by mtforever at Aug 11, 2010,
Quote by doomsday5567
Alright so im talking Advanced european history for school and i need to right a essay about life in the middle ages for nobility clergy and pesentry. i know what am going to write for the body paragraphs and ending but i dont know how to open it so i was wondering if any one could give me a hand with ideas or an outline.
thanks in advance

Your writing an essay right now to?
Last edited by fancypants1 at Aug 11, 2010,
Quote by mtforever
Since it's an Historical Essay, perhaps you should start with a thesis statement. A thesis statement is a statement in an essay that you plan to support, discuss or prove.

i have one i want to say that life in the middle ages veried greatly based on status and feudalism. but i need some filler before it, its only a 5 paragraph essay 4-5 sentences each but i just haveing trouble starting it

Life for nobility in the middle ages was based on feudalism. The king had absolute power but because the size of his country and the lack of communication he had to relay on nobles to care for land and provinces
this is what i got so far
Quote by fancypants1

Heres mine so far been up all night

*massive wall of text*

Thats near impossible to read with out a more clear separation between paragraphs.
I hope he gets accused of plagiarism after posting his essay online so many times.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by metacarpi
I hope he gets accused of plagiarism after posting his essay online so many times.

"Hmm... Michael your essay was rejected. It was found to be all over the internet, so we don't know who you stole it from but I want another one in by the end of the day. The most you can get is half marks now."
Quote by fancypants1

Heres mine so far been up all night

Half of that is just quotes. And use footnotes... christ...
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

This.

I triple dog dare ya. See what your teacher says. You may or may not receive bonus points depending on how cool your teacher is.
Quote by brandon369852
lolworthy- classicrockboy WIN of thread.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
~ Jimi Hendrix

UG Backing Track Band
UG Rock Opera
Check out my songs for it

Currently e-single. Hit me up ladies
Quote by doomsday5567
...im taking Advanced european history for school and i need to write an essay about ...

*fixed

As long as you don't write like you just did.
Life for nobility in the middle ages was based on feudalism. The king had absolute power but because the size of his country and the lack of communication he had to relay on nobles to care for his land and provinces. The clergy ran the church while it was the duty of peasants to farm and run small businesses. I believe that life in the Middle Ages varied greatly based on class for nobility, clergy and peasantry.
does this seem decent enough?
Quote by fancypants1

yup i stayed up all nite doing homework for this class 1 day of school starts in 3 hours and the only thin left to do is a 5 paragraph essay its going to be close but im pretty good at last min essays by now
Quote by doomsday5567
i have one i want to say that life in the middle ages veried greatly based on status and feudalism. but i need some filler before it, its only a 5 paragraph essay 4-5 sentences each but i just haveing trouble starting it

Life for nobility in the middle ages was based on feudalism. The king had absolute power but because the size of his country and the lack of communication he had to relay on nobles to care for land and provinces
this is what i got so far

If it were me, I would probably word that more like this:

Europe in the middle ages was a largely feudalistic society. Although a King had absolute power over his country, the land mass prevented him from ruling much of it directly. As a result of this, and the lack of communication at the time, government of individual areas and provinces fell upon the nobility.

So what are you trying to say with your essay? I'm not really sure. If allowed by your teacher, I would also focus on a specific country, and word your essay as such.
Quote by mtforever
If it were me, I would probably word that more like this:

Europe in the middle ages was a largely feudalistic society. Although a King had absolute power over his country, the land mass prevented him from ruling much of it directly. As a result of this, and the lack of communication at the time, government of individual areas and provinces fell upon the nobility.

So what are you trying to say with your essay? I'm not really sure. If allowed by your teacher, I would also focus on a specific country, and word your essay as such.

just talking about the daily lives of people in diffrent social classes
Quote by doomsday5567
just talking about the daily lives of people in diffrent social classes

What do you want to say about the daily lives of those people?

Example is bolded

Europe in the middle ages was a largely feudalistic society. Although a King had absolute power over his country, the land mass prevented him from ruling much of it directly. As a result of this, and the lack of communication at the time, government of individual areas and provinces fell upon the nobility. The Feudal system caused great separation between the three main classes of society. The Nobility, Clergy and Peasantry shared a drastically different life style from each other.

If your essay is just an info-dump, with no real point (thats apparent to the reader) it will be quite boring and hard to read. Thats why you need a strong thesis to support.

Just trying to help
Quote by mtforever
What do you want to say about the daily lives of those people?

Example is bolded

Europe in the middle ages was a largely feudalistic society. Although a King had absolute power over his country, the land mass prevented him from ruling much of it directly. As a result of this, and the lack of communication at the time, government of individual areas and provinces fell upon the nobility. The Feudal system caused great separation between the three main classes of society. The Nobility, Clergy and Peasantry shared a drastically different life style from each other.

If your essay is just an info-dump, with no real point (thats apparent to the reader) it will be quite boring and hard to read. Thats why you need a strong thesis to support.

Just trying to help

thanks you have been alot of help and i owe you one