Hey guys, I am in the market for a new laptop, but I want one that will be good for recording because that is what I will mostly be using it for. What would be the best laptop I could for recording for around $1000. Any suggestions would be great.
if it has 4 or more gigs of ram, a great processor, and if you have an m-box or something that plugs in through firewire (or if you must usb), then its good enough.
whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Quote by EJD
Reminds me of that drunkard who ran out of beer... he was so desperate, he drank furniture polish.

He came to a horrible end... but a beautiful finish.
its a usb/firewire interface for sending/converting audio into binary code that is then recreated as audio

its made by what was called digedesign now its Avid that protools comes with
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL
Oh so it is like an external audio card or something why don't put the guitar directly into the pc. Thats the way I'm doing it and it sounds top notch.
Don't plug the guitar direct, theres a risk of blowing your sound card.

Basically, try and find something with 4gb+ of Ram and a quad core processor.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Lol but my sound card is too much powerful so i don't think that it will blow wanna pic
Quote by agerginov
Lol but my sound card is too much powerful so i don't think that it will blow wanna pic

No, it probably blows. Besides, terrible A/D conversion on most sound cards. Buy a separate interface.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
use an external audio interface , the analog - digital converters and the preamps will grape any internal in a laptop
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL