Ok, so I want to surprise my husband with a new electric guitar for his upcoming birthday but I don't really know anything about electric guitars (I'm a beginner and I am learning on an acoustic right now). I've heard him talk about Ibanez before and I found this ad on kijiji and I was hoping to get your opinions. My concern is that I won't really be able to play the guitar when I check it out to see what it sounds like and I don't know any other lefties who could check it out with me. So any feedback on this model of Ibanez, if the guitar is priced well or any other info to help me out would be greatly appreciated. Here's the ad:

http://winnipeg.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-musical-instruments-guitars-Left-handed-Ibanez-RG370-W0QQAdIdZ223016588

(In addition to the info in the ad I found out that the guitar was purchased new 1.5 years ago).

Thank you so much!!
Ask him if it's an Original Floyd Rose bridge (OFR) and real Dimarzio pickups and not Dimarzio design. Those guitars normally come with an Ibanez Edge Pro II system tremolo and Ibanez pickups. He would have to have had the guitar routed to fit a Floyd Rose. If it's an actual Floyd Rose and real Dimarzios, then the price doesn't look so bad. I would pick it up.

Chances are if he has a whole bunch of guitars of pretty good quality then maybe this won't be the best thing for him, but if this is like a second guitar or something to use as a backup for gigs then I think it would be a good purchase (with the upgrades the kijiji poster has on the guitar).
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
If you're unsure about playing it/checking it out on your own, maybe take a friend along who also plays guitar so they can give it a look over aswell?
Quote by Ben_Eaglesfield
If you're unsure about playing it/checking it out on your own, maybe take a friend along who also plays guitar so they can give it a look over aswell?

TS said they couldn't find a lefty player to tag along.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Thanks so much! I will definitely ask him those questions. My husband just plays guitar for fun, he doesn't do any gigs. He only has one electric guitar right now, the only one he's ever owned and it's not a good quality one.
Quote by InstantStar
Thanks so much! I will definitely ask him those questions. My husband just plays guitar for fun, he doesn't do any gigs. He only has one electric guitar right now, the only one he's ever owned and it's not a good quality one.

If it's not a good quality one, you should just pick this Ibanez up for him. It would probably be a very nice upgrade and I'm sure he'd be much more than appreciative. Especially since he talks about Ibanez so much!
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster