Hi there,

At the Jackson guitar site, you can build your own guitar. And if you print out what you want, you can take that print to a Jackson dealer, and they will make your own guitar.

I was wondering how much that costs.

The guitar that I want will be something like this:

-Neck-through-body
-Normal guitar (no lefty or 7-string or anything like that)
-Dinkey or King V design (I don't know yet)
-Alder body wood

-Jackson style neck
-Reversed headstock
-Mahogany neck
-Ebony fingerwood
-24 Jumbo frets

-Any Floyd Rose bridge (don't know yet)
-Locking nut
-Jack at the top of the body

-Humbucker-single coil-Humbucker setup
-Seymour Duncans
-1 volume and 2 tone knobs
-Any 5 way switch
-Killswitch button

-Any 'front-and-back' graphic

I hope that someone has an idea of how much this would cost. If I forgot the put something in the list that is nececary to know, just tell/ask me. TY

PS: Any advise on what top wood on the body I should take. Or is top wood not nececary/good?
More than you can prolly afford. We're talking thousands of dollars and i dont really think you know what youre really dealing with. Also, a dinky has a bolt on neck, thats why it differes from a soloist. you stated you wanted it to be neck thru, therefore, it would be a soloist.
GEAR:
Ibanez Xiphos XPT750
ESP Ltd Viper 400
Egnater Rebel 30 112
Boss GE-7
Line 6 Uber Metal
Boss DD-7
It will probably cost you around 3-4 grand if you just got that guitar with no binding anywhere, no graphics or crazy paint jobs etc... Not to mention you will have to wait about 6 months to a year to get it and are required to put a down payment on the build (perfectly understandable). The only problem with that is you're dropping a crapload of money on a guitar that you haven't played or seen. It's going to be made for you, not made by you so you best be hoping they don't get anything wrong, or you might feel like you've wasted your time and money.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Very expensive, thats all I know.

You can get a custom Warmoth for cheaper, but you will have to do some of the building yourself.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Over 9,000.

Seriously.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by bartnijman
btw, i dont know whats so funny

The 'Jacksong' bit

And 'top wood' i neither good nor bad, just changes your tone. E.g. Les Pauls are mahogany with a maple top, hence you can't get 'Les Paul tone' with just a mahogany guitar.
"Guitar is tactile, It's about how you play it"
- Joe Bonamassa

Quote by smartalec007
Over 9,000.

Seriously.

It wouldnt cost that much (i get the joke though).. and i dont know why the hell anyone would pay over 9 grand on a barely customized soloist haha, id be getting a Sherman for that money.
Oh, and the grandson quote in your sig, it confused the hell out of me.
GEAR:
Ibanez Xiphos XPT750
ESP Ltd Viper 400
Egnater Rebel 30 112
Boss GE-7
Line 6 Uber Metal
Boss DD-7
Just get a Carvin. It would probably cost about $2,500 at the most, they play great (I've played one of their seven strings) and you'd have enough money left over to put some nice pickups in it (one of the few things they don't do are aftermarket pickups).
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
My guess for what he described would be about $4-5k. That's based on the prices for custom shop Jacksons that I've seen at Drum City Guitarland. They have a full graphic custom Jackson (warning - graphic is NSFW) right now for $3500, and I think that's discounted. IIRC it started out at $4k or so. I've gotten similar numbers from Guitar Asylum.

Personally, if you want a custom metal/shred guitar, go GMW. They do better work, Lee's easy to deal with, and they are cheaper. You can see my GMW soloist in my profile. It cost $2500.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

“Life is on the wire…the rest is just waiting” - Papa Wallenda
Substitute the stage for the wire, and he's got it.
Last edited by Even Bigger D at Aug 11, 2010,