Hi everyone,
a few weeks ago I bought a Squier Stratocaster Standard series for only 100$ ( about 80€ ). It's really great and has an awesome sound and I use it with a Marshall Valvestate amp. This guitar is perfect for blues, rock, punk ... And I don't like it when people say that Squiers can't do metal, they can, but after trying to play a lot of death and brutal metal songs, I noticed that's it's not very suited for these advanced genres of metal, I mean .. let's face it, single coils will always be single coils. Right now I can sell it for about 250 $ ( around 190 € ), but before I do that, I have to choose one of these guitars :

Ibanez RG370dx
Jackson JS30Kv
ESP LTD M-100FM http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_m.html
B.C. Rich Warlock ( Platinum Pro series with floydrose or a Metal Master Fire )

After reading a lot of reviews, and watching a lot of Youtube video, I'm really starting to like the LTD 100fm, so can you guys help me choose ?? Knowing that I'm going to play death metal, heavy, trash... I would really appreciate it, thanks
before i say anything... how are you selling it for $250?
GEAR:
Ibanez Xiphos XPT750
ESP Ltd Viper 400
Egnater Rebel 30 112
Boss GE-7
Line 6 Uber Metal
Boss DD-7
How long have you been playing guitar? if not long then i dont recommend a guitar with a floyd rose unless you really need one, they can be a lot of hassle.
Itd be cool for you to answer our questions, you know. Help us help you. Im outttt. Oh, and good luck selling that Squier for $250. And if you do, the kids a moron.
GEAR:
Ibanez Xiphos XPT750
ESP Ltd Viper 400
Egnater Rebel 30 112
Boss GE-7
Line 6 Uber Metal
Boss DD-7
@ espplayer400 : what do you mean ? do you think it's too expensive ? Well it doesn't have one small scratch on it, I've always took good care of it, and even the pickguard still has its transparent plastic cover on it. Besides, it's Standard series, they're way better that Affinity series...

@ Andy81 : I played on acoustic guitars for more than 1 year, and this Squier was my first electric guitar, I got it like 3 weeks ago. And I completely understand, so that's why even if I'll get a guitar with a floyd rose, I don't think that it will be a problem since I won't be using it a lot, for now I think that I don't need it, but it's good to have it, just in case ... But on the other hand, I know that could really be a pain in the *** when you try to tune the guitar..
Last edited by Ramwen at Aug 11, 2010,
Oww, and one other thing, I'm from Tunisia, we don't really have a lot of good guitar shops, so practically all the guitar prices are completely "insane" ...
Fair enough, you dont really stand much chance selling a squire for $250 though.

Ive played the ibanez 370dx and the Jackson JS30KV and liked the ibanez alot but the jackson i played wasnt good at all and did not like the pickups.
Quote by Andy81
Fair enough, you dont really stand much chance selling a squire for $250 though.

Ive played the ibanez 370dx and the Jackson JS30KV and liked the ibanez alot but the jackson i played wasnt good at all and did not like the pickups.

Yeah those 30Kv don't have very powerful pickups, and they can be noisy sometimes I guess... Thinking about this only encourages me to go try the Warlock metal master, or just hold on to my Squier until I'll have more choices available..
Thanks Andy81 for the response
Get a Ibanez Cheap Rg series

But i recommend you RGA and S.. I love S series they are far better than cheaper RGs

If you dont want a locking trem. Get SA series. Im just going to buy 1 tomorrow.

They kickass for that price.
Quote by vaca11

But i recommend you RGA and S.. I love S series they are far better than cheaper RGs

If you dont want a locking trem. Get SA series. Im just going to buy 1 tomorrow.

Hes right, the S series is great, and I happen to have an Ibanez S5470 Prestige for sale
If your interested tell me in the next post and then I will give you pics and negotiate price etc if you want.
Its action is amazing so great for everything and the jumbo frets help as well, if you don't want to get my Ibanez I would still recommend the S series for you.
Quote by vaca11

Yeah I was thinking about getting a GRG170dx or a GRG370dx, a cheap little something that I would be able to afford for now.
The RGA totally kick ass, but they're just too overpriced here, and there aren't many used ones for sale...
Maybe I'll just hold on to the Squier and get one of them later.
Thanks vaca11

@ battlespectre94 : Yeah thanks, those S series are so cool too, I've always had a thing for the S570DXQM :love:
thanks anyway
Last edited by Ramwen at Aug 12, 2010,
Quote by Ramwen

@ battlespectre94 : Yeah thanks, those S series are so cool too, I've always had a thing for the S570DXQM :love:
thanks anyway

I'm confused, so your not interested or you are :S my bad if its really obvious

Cheers
Jake
LOL I see, well I am interested, very interested, but I can't get what you're recommending to me now, the whole point of this topic was to choose one of those 4 guitars that I can easily get right now...
So, it's like thanks for your response, I appreciate it, I really do, but it didn't answer my 1st question ^^
Haha ah ok, well out of the 4 I would say the Ibanez, but I would spend a little more and go for an S series which is much nicer, and good value.
And if your interested in buying an Ibanez S5470 Prestige, just let me know!
That better?
Quote by battlespectre94
Haha ah ok, well out of the 4 I would say the Ibanez, but I would spend a little more and go for an S series which is much nicer, and good value.
And if your interested in buying an Ibanez S5470 Prestige, just let me know!
That better?

Hehe definitely, and maybe I'll try to do just that. Thanks again
i'd get the jackson cuz it doesn't have a trem. The trem on the others are crap and with a floyd rose, it's really annoying to change tunings. If u wont use it, dont get it.

I'd also recommend u a ibanez rg321 or rgr321or rga32.
http://www.ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/model-RG321MH
http://www.ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/model-RGA32
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Quote by holycow
i'd get the jackson cuz it doesn't have a trem. The trem on the others are crap and with a floyd rose, it's really annoying to change tunings. If u wont use it, dont get it.

Yeah, I totally agree, good point. But actually the Warlock Metal Master doesn't have a trem either.
And thanks for your response
I wouldn't go with the Metal Master, the one I played wasn't comfortable at all(I tried it out back when I thought looks were everything, and BC Rich was the coolest thing on the planet, so Iunno how it sounded but according to my BC Rich fanboy friend they're not very good...xD), I'd say it all depends on the feel. Go try them all out, pick the one you think is comfiest. Tone can usually be modified, but an uncomfortable guitar isn't gonna do you crap. =/
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
Quote by Enix165
I wouldn't go with the Metal Master, the one I played wasn't comfortable at all(I tried it out back when I thought looks were everything, and BC Rich was the coolest thing on the planet, so Iunno how it sounded but according to my BC Rich fanboy friend they're not very good...xD), I'd say it all depends on the feel. Go try them all out, pick the one you think is comfiest. Tone can usually be modified, but an uncomfortable guitar isn't gonna do you crap. =/

Yeah I guess you're right, some cheap crappy thing like the Metal Master is totally putting looks and glamor before everything. I read about it a lot, many of this guitar's owners were only attracted by the looks, and ended up selling it or replacing the pickups. Thanks
Quote by Ramwen
Yeah I guess you're right, some cheap crappy thing like the Metal Master is totally putting looks and glamor before everything. I read about it a lot, many of this guitar's owners were only attracted by the looks, and ended up selling it or replacing the pickups. Thanks

Yeah, man, BC Riches look great(at least IMO), but tonally...eh, Masterpieces are okay for the price but other than that I wouldn't buy(cept maybe a KKV with a Kahler in it to mod it, because nobody else has Kahlers stock-equipped and I don't wanna have to get a custom built aside from the one I'm saving for).
Quote by SlayingDragons
Quote by Enix165
Yeah, man, BC Riches look great(at least IMO), but tonally...eh, Masterpieces are okay for the price but other than that I wouldn't buy(cept maybe a KKV with a Kahler in it to mod it, because nobody else has Kahlers stock-equipped and I don't wanna have to get a custom built aside from the one I'm saving for).

Oh yeah that would be a great idea, the KKV are totally awesome, even its sound is suited for many different genres
Quote by holycow

I have an RG321 and it's pretty good for the price. I had to change the pickups though.
Quote by Ramwen
Oh yeah that would be a great idea, the KKV are totally awesome, even its sound is suited for many different genres

I can detect sarcasm here, but as I said I'd be modding it, I'm not one for EMGs, so I'd have a DiMarzio Super Disto put in the bridge and a Super 2 put in the neck. XD
Quote by SlayingDragons
Ummm, just a bit of info. I have a B.C Rich Warlock Platinum Pro series. The action sucks. I'm, hopefully, going to be in the process of selling it soon. The pickups are pretty bad, aswell. But, if I were you, since you play metal, I would check out ESP/LTD, Agile, Jackson, and a few other Ibanez guitars.

But as for the Warlock, the action is high on all the Platinum Pro series guitars, from what I've heard. So stay away from them.
Quote by maggot9779
I have an RG321 and it's pretty good for the price. I had to change the pickups though.

Well their sound isn't completely terrible, not too awesome either though

Quote by Enix165
I can detect sarcasm here, but as I said I'd be modding it, I'm not one for EMGs, so I'd have a DiMarzio Super Disto put in the bridge and a Super 2 put in the neck. XD

Well yeah
And I've always thought that if I ever get a BC Rich, I'll be putting a Super disto in the neck, and a X2N in the bridge. Thanks man

Quote by Platinum Pro
Ummm, just a bit of info. I have a B.C Rich Warlock Platinum Pro series. The action sucks. I'm, hopefully, going to be in the process of selling it soon. The pickups are pretty bad, aswell. But, if I were you, since you play metal, I would check out ESP/LTD, Agile, Jackson, and a few other Ibanez guitars.

But as for the Warlock, the action is high on all the Platinum Pro series guitars, from what I've heard. So stay away from them.

Noted. I've always tried to stay away from <500$ Bc Rich's and I dunno how I even thought about that one. Thanks dude
Quote by bb155558
... file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Rob/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/Summer%2010/amp%20test%20001.mpg
here is the link
open like another tab or something and copy and paste this into url.
hey, i have a esp m100fm. Ive had it for like.. 8 months or so? at first i liked it, but it was a wicked pain to change strings.. the sound is good, in my opinion. But i rarely use the floyd rose and it is a WICKED pain for lower tunings. I like to play in D, because i play alot of death's music and obituary, and all the oldschool death metal stuff. But it just doesnt handle lower tunings very well, im not an expert guitar tech for sure, and i have no idea if you could do anything to change how it handles lower tunings. But i would probly go with the ibanez or bc rich... i was thinking about a ibanez for my next guitar, i would have loved the esp if it hadnt come with a floyd rose, i think emg's would sound pretty sweet in it.
Quote by Slayer127
hey, i have a esp m100fm. Ive had it for like.. 8 months or so? at first i liked it, but it was a wicked pain to change strings.. the sound is good, in my opinion. But i rarely use the floyd rose and it is a WICKED pain for lower tunings. I like to play in D, because i play alot of death's music and obituary, and all the oldschool death metal stuff. But it just doesnt handle lower tunings very well, im not an expert guitar tech for sure, and i have no idea if you could do anything to change how it handles lower tunings. But i would probly go with the ibanez or bc rich... i was thinking about a ibanez for my next guitar, i would have loved the esp if it hadnt come with a floyd rose, i think emg's would sound pretty sweet in it.

Thanks for the info man, and the floyd is what drove me away from the 100fm, I mean even with youtube videos and the well detailed tutorials about the FR, it's still a pain in the @$$ to adjust it and tune the guitar the way you want

I'd go with the Ibanez, pretty cool guitars
Quote by bb155558
... file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Rob/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/Summer%2010/amp%20test%20001.mpg
here is the link
open like another tab or something and copy and paste this into url.
yeah anytime, im not sure what ibanez i should get. I want something thats easier to play fast on then my esp.. i wanted to stay in like the 500 -750 budget range for the price. If you have any suggestions just let me know.