I want to learn more songs from metal bands, but I'm not a great soloer.. What good metal, like thrash, death, melodeath, whatever have good songs that someone thats been playing for a year and a bit could attempt to master? The last song I properly laerned was master of puppets and that was months ago. I hate it. Please no Metallica.
Preferably nothing with Wah Pedals or tremolo use, as I don't have either a Wah Pedal or a Whammy.
Last edited by jktheman at Aug 11, 2010,
Just take any metal song you want and learn it really really really really slow and note for note with a metronome.

Then you can play any metal song you want and it probably won't take you a year.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Just take any metal song you want and learn it really really really really slow and note for note with a metronome.

Then you can play any metal song you want and it probably won't take you a year.

^^
i love playing master of puppets but I can't play the solo and i can't play it standing up because i can't palm mute 2 strings while standing

personally, i like playing the first half of orion
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

dont learn the solos maybe? just play the rhytm part during the solo, or just improvise or something. Thats what i usually do since i dont have the patience to learn long or complex solos. Otherwise you just have to slowly learn it note by note...
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.