I need a new amp. I currently have this terrible 10-watt piece of junk that I got with a guitar starter package about 2 years ago.

Now I'm starting to play with a drummer and possibly starting a band, and this little thing just isn't loud enough and, to be frank, sounds just plain terrible.

I play pretty much anything, but mostly hard rock and some metal. Budget is £100-£150 Sterling, cheaper would be even better. I like some good distortion, not necessarily lots of it, but good cleans are a must. I'm not too fussed about effects, but they'd be a nice bonus.

I don't mind if it's used and I won't be gigging. I just need it powerful enough to be heard for band practise.

Any suggestions?
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
Last edited by BeefWellington at Aug 11, 2010,
Quote by BeefWellington

I don't mind if it's used and I won't be gigging. I just need it powerful enough to be heard for band practise.

Any suggestions?

you know these two things just don´t fit in one sentence. if you start a band you definately will be gigging so i would think about this point.
jet city 20h!
depending on how far into the metal region you want to go you may want a boost
Gibson RawPower SG 2009 (Zales)
Gibson Hummingbird 70's? (Amy)
Jet City JCA 20 Watt Combo
Dunlop Crybaby wah
MXR 10 Band EQ
Ibanez TS-9
Quote by jr.v
you know these two things just don´t fit in one sentence. if you start a band you definately will be gigging so i would think about this point.

That makes no sense whatsoever, ofcourse you can be in a band and not play gigs.

On topic: I'm seriously struggling to think of an amp that will be loud and sound good for 150, I don't think there is one actually.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.