Absolutely amazing. Diverse, particular, tight, well-produced, well-written, pop sensibilities and more technicality than most metalcore bands manage in a lifetime.
I do quite like them, their infuence from the Mars Volta is pretty clear though haha. I like the first muuch more than the second album, how about you?
Second is much better, at least to my ears. Vocalist opened up a lot more to different styles, the falsetto stuff (which he seems to be the only vocalist in the style that can handle without sounding like a moron).
Second album wha? Do you mean First Temple or did they do something new?

But yeah I was a bit obsessed with these guys a few months ago. The only reason i'm not anymore is because they sound so much like TMV it makes me just want to listen to Frances the Mute instead. I'm sure the band hates being compared to them, but the similarity to Cedric's voice is really uncanny.
closure in moscow is amazing. their technique is mindblowing, the vocalist's falsetto is killer, and their melodies are catchy as hell. not to mention unique and creative, although their influence lies heavily on the mars volta. i was gonna catch them at warped tour, but too bad the tour didn't come to vancouver this year i really hope they stay on the line-up for 2011, because they're a breath of fresh air in a scene filled with screamo/pop-rock shit.
Quote by goldmember1217

But yeah I was a bit obsessed with these guys a few months ago. The only reason i'm not anymore is because they sound so much like TMV it makes me just want to listen to Frances the Mute instead. I'm sure the band hates being compared to them, but the similarity to Cedric's voice is really uncanny.

Yeah, their first was The Penance and the Patience, then they did First Temple. Both great stuff. (:
Incredible guitar tone. Does anybody have an idea of what sort of rigs they're running?

Hopefully I'll be seeing them soon when they get back to Australia, they're fairly local. Very excited ^ ^
yeah i agree they are really good. i like the songs "Dulcinea" and "Had To Put It In The Soil" but don't you think they should be in a different genre other than Alternative and indie?
Quote by goldmember1217

I've been listening to a few of their tracks on youtube, and I really don't hear a similarity to Cedric's voice at all. the CiM guy is far more, I don't know, jazzy I want to say. Too polished sounding. I'm not really getting much TMV vibes from these guys at all. Maybe somewhat, but they remind me more of this local band called Vega Under Fire then they remind me of The Mars Volta, and VUF and TMV aren't alike at all.

Still pretty good stuff, though.
Last edited by crazy8rgood at Sep 21, 2010,
definitely when i first heard this band i was like holy shit is that cedric? regardless this band is awesome. this band is awesome
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
Fantastic band, they sound perfect live.

Sweet#hart is still one of my favorite songs ever. Just a lot of good elements from different types of music coming together. Then it flows perfectly into Vanguard, which is full of great riffs and a sick solo.

Love these guys.
I still stand by the fact that he sounds nothing like Cedric, besides singing in the same register.

They've grown on me recently, though.
I think that both TMV and CIM were inspired by classic prog artists like Pink Floyd, so people hear similar instrumentation between them, which sparks other similarities.

And I agree that the guy from CIM's voice is smoother when he tries, but when he strains it and kind of aggresively delivers his vocals, he sounds like Cedric, much like in the song 'Reindeer age', whereas his vocals in stuff like 'A Night at the Spleen' are cleaner and more controlled.
Great band. Not much more I can say.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
I just found out that they have acoustic versions of We Want Guarantees and Breathing Underwater as Japanese bonus tracks but I can't find the studio recordings on youtube. Just wondering if anyone knows where I can listen to/buy these versions.
What are these Mars Volta comparison's? This sounds like the same routine metalcore that's been on Warped Tour for the past decade. A synth squiggle here and then doesn't really qualify as prog. And the guitar work is yeah, I guess, an improvement from most bands like this.

Not trying to piss on anything, just saying that I can't differentiate this between any other band like them.
Poor advice.
They just came out with a new album, titled "Pink Lemonade." They...have changed