Hey guys,

I've got a little band setup in my basement:

5 piece acoustic drums, bass guitar w (i think 20W) amp, guitar with 30W marshall amp, and a roland microcube 2W that I run a mic through.

I was thinking of investing in a PA system to be able to add a second mic to the mix, and free up my microcube for a second electric guitar.

Looking online I found the Fender Passport 150 pro for $420+tx, which looks like it might be what I would need?

4 lines in (3 guitar/mic cables, 1 stereo cable), comes with a mic/cables (no need to buy a second mic - yay!), has mostly positive reviews, and I think the 150W should be fine for getting over the volume of the drums - I could even end up routing my guitar or bass through it for a boost over the 20/30W amps?

If anyone has experience with this sort of thing - does this sound like a good purchase? I just play in the basement with my girlfriend and sometimes my friends so there's no audience. We mostly just want to have 2 mics with better quality (the mic through the cube is pretty bad) and volume to compete w drumset!
My Gear
Epi Les Paul
Roland Microcube
Boss DS-1 pedal
Shure SM57
M-Audio Fasttrack
Alternatively I found a used set for $500 obo:

Peavey CS-800 amp, 2 x SP2 transducer speakers, and Peavey 1201 mixer with cables

details:

1) Two Peavey SP2's...1980's chrome sides, black widow speakers

2) Peavey 1201, 12 channel stereo sound reinforcement mixing system, 1980's wood frame sides

3) Peavey CS-800 amp, 1980's

4) Nedusa multiple wiring system (whirlwind) with all cables.
My Gear
Epi Les Paul
Roland Microcube
Boss DS-1 pedal
Shure SM57
M-Audio Fasttrack
Last edited by Aitrus at Aug 11, 2010,