while trying to learn the nightmare solo by anvenged sevenfold, I noticed that the bends the guitarist does sound like screaming bends or something. Not like a pinch harmonic but like using a wah or something

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1Bi1c9LmhU

3:34 - 3:39

I tried to figure out what he does to achive such screaming sound but the only thing I came up with is picking really hard, but I'm worried that my string will explode or something :P is there any other way to achive this kind of sound ?

thx in advance
I'm pretty sure there's no special effects going on there, just a high pitched bend.
I swear that it is not only vibrato... when picking normally and vibratoing the shit out of my guitar, I'm not even close to coming to that screaming sound. If I pick really, and I mean really really hard close to the neck pickup, I get that screaming sound. I was just wondering if there is another way to get that sound apart from picking like a beast?
The actual sustain of his guitar is down to his gear, but I guarantee you he's only picking normally and using vibrato. It's not furious vibrato either, so don't overdo that.
Quote by pjuckazz
I swear that it is not only vibrato... when picking normally and vibratoing the shit out of my guitar, I'm not even close to coming to that screaming sound. If I pick really, and I mean really really hard close to the neck pickup, I get that screaming sound. I was just wondering if there is another way to get that sound apart from picking like a beast?

Yes, Learn proper bending technique like Syn did while he was enrolled at M.I.
How many guitar players does it take to change a light bulb?

Twelve. One to change the bulb and eleven to say they could do it better.

(3:32)               |---3----|                          |---3----|
E|-/17~--------------|---3----|---14-15-16~--------------|---3----|---13-14-15~----|
B|----------|---3----|14-15-16-17---------------|---3----|13-14-15-16--------------|
G|-----------14-15-16----------------------------13-14-15--------------------------|
D|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
A|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
D|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

(3:37)                     |--------3--------|
E|-15b17r15--13~---17-13-------------17-13-------------|
B|-----------------------15-14-------------15----------|
G|-----------------------------15-14----------14-------|
D|-----------------------------------------------15----|
A|--------------------------------------------------17-|
D|-----------------------------------------------------|
Here's the tab for that part of the song. Full tab.

Edit: Is your guitar tuned right?
My guitar is in tune and I wish I could record it for you guys, but I guess you are all right since you are all saying the same...