jonnycrue1985
58 IQ
Perhaps they are one of the greatest bands ever to play.
It sucks,everybody these days doesnt know anything about them,or that they exist
theyre greatest hits album changed my life,especially Saturday gigs,Roll away the stone,and Honaloochie boogie.Ian hunter is one of the best frontmen ever!
monwobobbo
608 IQ
huge fan. All The Way From Memphis, Walking With A Mountain, Violence etc all great songs. mick ralphs (later of bad company) got his start with them.
Blompcube
Registered User Error
4,278 IQ
yay, mott the hoople

i saw the first show of their reunion tour - or should i say, their first "warmup" show, in monmouth. it had it's ups and downs - they played well but the sound went terrible every time ian hunter played piano - for some reason that piano sounded muddy as hell in the mix - i think it was the sound engineer's problem, rather than the band's problem, though.
Rig: (under construction)
1979 Yamaha SG1000
Fender Jazzmaster
1964 Vox AC30TB
A/B/Tuner box
A -> DIY fuzz, tremolo and boost -> normal channel
B -> compressor, chorus and delay -> brilliant channel
Boss TU-3/Talkbox
monwobobbo
608 IQ
Quote by Blompcube
yay, mott the hoople

i saw the first show of their reunion tour - or should i say, their first "warmup" show, in monmouth. it had it's ups and downs - they played well but the sound went terrible every time ian hunter played piano - for some reason that piano sounded muddy as hell in the mix - i think it was the sound engineer's problem, rather than the band's problem, though.

wow very cool,now there's a show that i'd like to see. was it all the original members?
Blompcube
Registered User Error
4,278 IQ
Quote by monwobobbo
wow very cool,now there's a show that i'd like to see. was it all the original members?

it was mostly all original members although martin chambers from the pretenders had to stand in for dale griffin, who apparently did make an appearance later on in the tour but wasn't able to manage a full set - i can't remember exactly why. so martin chambers stood in for most of the tour and played the whole set when i saw them.
Rig: (under construction)
1979 Yamaha SG1000
Fender Jazzmaster
1964 Vox AC30TB
A/B/Tuner box
A -> DIY fuzz, tremolo and boost -> normal channel
B -> compressor, chorus and delay -> brilliant channel
Boss TU-3/Talkbox