but its already finished and I don't want to do drilling can anyone give me a link to a store that makes quality (similar to Warmoth) strat bodies for under £200??
technically you dont even need holes for a pickguard. the pickguard will have holes.
put pickguard over body
put screw in hole
screw the screw in while pushing down on the screwdriver
problem solved, no drill needed.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Quote by Dempsey68
technically you dont even need holes for a pickguard. the pickguard will have holes.
put pickguard over body
put screw in hole
screw the screw in while pushing down on the screwdriver
problem solved, no drill needed.

Will that work? It wont crack the finish will it???
drilling wont crack the finish either.

just put the pickgaurd on. grab a dirll and a small bit.

drill in.

add screws. its really not a big deal.

even on the custom guitars i build fro myself and customers, i drill things like pickgaurd screws and sometimes even bridge holes AFTER the finish is applied.
Protip: put a small piece of masking tape over the place where you will drill. The masking tape keeps the finish from cracking and your drillbit from skipping.
It's so you can use basically whatever pickguard you want. I've put a pickguard on a guitar with just a screwdriver, and I had no problems at all.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"