Just seen this on ITV news.

A woman and her daughter are refusing to leave the home of their landlady. They were sharing the home but the tenant wouldn't pay and now owes over £3000 in rent. Of course the landlady asked them to leave but the tenant refused, now the landlady and her young son are forced to sleep in a tent outside the property. The tenant won't even allow the landlady to get her son's toys or a blankets to make him more comfortable.

****ing sick if you ask me, shows exactly what's wrong with Britain. In situations like this the police need to come along and remove the tenant, who gives a damn if they can't find anywhere else to live, they should've paid their rent in the first place.

EDIT: found a link http://www.itv.com/news/forced-out-by-squatter17152/
remember kids, you can't spell bass without ass

RIP Jimmy 'The Rev' Sullivan

Quote by _bacon_

Also, I would tap Helena Bonham Carter like a Van Halen solo.
Last edited by WARLOCK123 at Aug 11, 2010,
Thought this was about David Tennant at first. Very disappointed.
Quote by Nosferatu Man

T-shirts are a sign of degeneration and decline.
Quote by geanes
I'm pretty sure the police could easily solve this.

In the USA, yes. But over here there is probably some law which prevents them doing anything.

Quote by _bacon_

Quote by WARLOCK123
In the USA, yes. But over here there is probably some law which prevents them doing anything.

Read the daily mail much?
Quote by Nosferatu Man

T-shirts are a sign of degeneration and decline.
Quote by metal_al
you got the article? this doesn't make sense

I can't find it on ITV, I watched the report on their TV station like 15mins ago.

Quote by _bacon_

In the USA, no, and not in Canada either.
Believe it or not there are things called 'squatters rights'.
Look it up.
yeh i'm sure the police can, and should do something about this. but knowing the met they won't... another reason why we in britain should be allowed to beat stupid people up.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Quote by leeb rocks
Read the daily mail much?

That pile of wank?

I don't read any papers, they're all full of sensationalist bull****.

Quote by _bacon_

Whateh? Its her house. Either call the police and say that they're trespassing on her property, or just stroll in with some friends and physically throw them out. It's all legal. Also, why is she camping in the back garden of a friends house? Surely the 'friend' would let them sleep inside? This makes no sense
Quote by pag_slash_2
Whateh? Its her house. Either call the police and say that they're trespassing on her property, or just stroll in with some friends and physically throw them out. It's all legal. Also, why is she camping in the back garden of a friends house? Surely the 'friend' would let them sleep inside? This makes no sense

She's sleeping outside her own house.

I don't know why she doesn't get the police involved/kick the bitch out.

EDIT:

v Oh right, I didn't see that, I was just following the information given in TS's post.
Last edited by br33dlove at Aug 11, 2010,
Quote by br33dlove
She's sleeping outside her own house.

I don't know why she doesn't get the police involved/kick the bitch out.

Follow the link, and watch the video. It says at about 15 seconds 'shes been reduced to living in a tent in her friends garden'
Quote by WARLOCK123

Well in the US unless you live in Santa Cruz County...

http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/localnews/ci_15687212
This sounds like an episode of the Simpsons I once saw. Two carnies squatted in their home, so they challenged the carnies that they could throw a hoop onto the chimney. When the two stepped out to watch, the Simpsons retook their home.

I recommend doing something like this, except when the tenant steps out to watch, the landlady hits them with a sack full of soup cans.
If 4 more people tell me to go back to writing The Vanishing Point, I will.

UG's Commie Pinko Bedwetter
Unbelievable. Kick those bitches the fuck out
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
I don't know enough about our law to know if the police can do anything or not, but if they can't it's because of this atrocity...

...the squatter has rights. Squatters cannot be legally evicted from premises without a court possession order, unless they leave voluntarily or the owner secures peacable re-entry.

****ing disgraceful.
Quote by Bearded_Seth
I love it when people play with my hair :3

Being a dog must be awesome.
It's not a criminal matter, it's a civil matter so the police can do shit all.
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

Quote by monkfish_bandan
I don't know enough about our law to know if the police can do anything or not, but if they can't it's because of this atrocity...

****ing disgraceful.

My thoughts exactly.

Not meaning to be racist but I think the skin colour of the squatter may well be having some role in the situation. Having seen the preferential treatment that non-white people get in Britain it wouldn't surprise me.

Quote by _bacon_

Quote by druggietoad2k5
It's not a criminal matter, it's a civil matter so the police can do shit all.

Surely though, that woman is staying in another person's house illegally so it should be a criminal matter.

Quote by _bacon_