I've been palying for a year and a bit, I'm into the metal/metalcore side of things. However the last songIl earnt was Master of puppets, which was months ago and other than that I don't really properly know any other songs!! I need to improve my soloing and speed in the metal genre. Anything relatively easy or achievable in these genres to get me more into the solo side of things? No metallica, please.
Last edited by jktheman at Aug 11, 2010,
Relatively easy solos are pretty nonexistent in Metal.
But, Try some Diamondhead. They've got pretty easy solos and they were part of the original metal scene way back in the Day.

Some songs by them;
Am I Evil
It's Electric
To the Devil His Due
How many guitar players does it take to change a light bulb?

Twelve. One to change the bulb and eleven to say they could do it better.

Quote by NickGiovanni
Relatively easy solos are pretty nonexistent in Metal.
But, Try some Diamondhead. They've got pretty easy solos and they were part of the original metal scene way back in the Day.

Some songs by them;
Am I Evil
It's Electric
To the Devil His Due

Ah, I changed the OP anyway; I didn't mean like so easy a beginner could do it, but for like an intermediate sort of player thats easy to pick up if you get me. Bear in mind I can play the Master of Puppets solo, stuff like that. Sorry if I'm confusing
I think Fade To Black is kind of similar in terms of difficulty, but maybe that's just me. The outro solo's pretty challenging.

Edit: Bite me. I forgot which is the Master of Puppets solo. But if you want to increase your song repertoire Fade To Black isn't a bad choice. You should pick it up fairly quickly.
Last edited by triface at Aug 11, 2010,
Learn Blackwater Park by Opeth. Amazing rythym/riffs, and a really nice solo, and not to hard.