So, I recently got my old job back, which gives me a huge discount on gear. As such, I'm looking into a few amps since I'm set on a Line 6 M9 as my next effects unit, and I have a Carvin on the way. I plan to A/B before buying of course, but I still want to get some opinions of the amps in the meantime.

Right, then, some info beforehand to help choose and stuff;

~Genre is a very blues/hard rock-influenced progressive instrumental rock with techno elements(See album link below, which includes streaming tracks if you don't want to download), though I'm planning to add in some vocals soon, so I want it to be able to blend in to the rhythm section as well as take the melody.
~Guitar is either a standard-issue tele, or a mahogany Carvin with an HSH config.
~Not looking for something that retails any more than$1,500, save for certain cases.
~Though I do like a good master control and/or a switchable wattage to get some natural saturation, I generally want a good clean tone, and either a footswitchable distortion/overdrive channel, or I'll just use a good dirtbox, so the clean and an ability to take effects well is what matters most to me.
~I'll be using this as mainly a gigging/recording amp, and maybe a college amp if it makes more sense than taking my Blues Junior.
~If anything else is needed, please don't hesitate to ask me.

Without further ado, the amps:

1. Blackstar Venue HT20 ~ Pros: Cheapest of the bunch. Small and movable. Wattage is dorm-justifiable and won't drive people I live with mad. I hear a lot of good about Blackstar. Cons: I have no experience personally with Blackstar. They seem like a more modernistic company, I'm not sure how well the amp will blend with me. Doesn't seem like much of a step-up.

2. Fender Hot Rod Deluxe ~ Pros: I own a smaller version fo this guy, I already know what I like from it. I already know it does what I want. Cons: Not much of a change, just the same thing, but bigger in a lot of ways. It's a loud and almost painfully so 40 watts if you're in a confined space. No switchable wattage at that power.

3. Orange Rockerverb 30 ~ Pros: Ever since I tried them, I've liked Orange. Loud enough to be a good gig amp, but low enough I can probably justify it for practice. Cons: Seems a bit pricy next to the Mesa for what it has. Still a bit loud for practicing on.

4. Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 ~ Pros: US-voicing which I know I like. More control than I'll probably ever need. Switchable wattage. Mesa's seem like fairly do-it-all amps, which I rather like. Cons: More control than I want, it may be extra cash for unwanted features. I like things complex enough to be interesting, but simple enough to be easy.

5. 112 Bogner Alchemist ~ Pros: I always hear great things about Bogners on here, particularly the cleans. Switchable wattage. Cons: Never tried one, so can't comment too much.

6. Carvin X100B, combo form ~ Pros: Carvin's a brand I rather like. An assload of channels for different distortions, and all brought under one simple EQ. Assignable graphic EQ seems like an awesome mid-song boost concept. Switchable. Cons: I can't try it beforehand. Large and heavy. 100W is very much more than I need or want.

I know it's a bit of a long list, but this is the very first preliminary skimming, so it's a bit indecisive as of now. As always, and any all comments are very appreciated, and if you have a suggestion, please advise, I'm up for most things.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe is my favourite amp of all time, but I understand that it's rather higher watts for practice, so get one of these - and a Orange Tiny Terror (and some cabinet) for practice, it's a great great practice amp by the way, tried it at a friends.
i would go with the Bogner or the Mesa. i guess from there it really depends on whether you want 2 speakers or the extra controls the Mesa has. and the A/B test of course. however, it should be noted that i haven't played either of those amps.
Personally I would stay away from the Mesa Express and Bogner Alchemist. Some people like the Alchemist but I feel it leaves a lot to be desired. Flat out didn't like the Express when I played one.

Orange is probably going to be the 'best' the carvin isn't bad at all, but I think it's heavier than you want in addition to it being 100w

I would say you should just move up from the M9 and get an M13. Depends how many effects you want at one and how many you need available quickly though. They're only $100 apart retail so I'm sure it would be closer with your discount.
I have a huge fear if rays.
Quote by gnomieowns
i would go with the Bogner or the Mesa. i guess from there it really depends on whether you want 2 speakers or the extra controls the Mesa has. and the A/B test of course. however, it should be noted that i haven't played either of those amps.

Two speakers I'm not really sure what the advantages of are, save for still having sound if one blows out. Forgive my stupidity, but what does it do?

Quote by ChrisBW
Personally I would stay away from the Mesa Express and Bogner Alchemist. Some people like the Alchemist but I feel it leaves a lot to be desired. Flat out didn't like the Express when I played one.

Orange is probably going to be the 'best' the carvin isn't bad at all, but I think it's heavier than you want in addition to it being 100w

I would say you should just move up from the M9 and get an M13. Depends how many effects you want at one and how many you need available quickly though. They're only $100 apart retail so I'm sure it would be closer with your discount.

Hmm...out of curiosity, what did you feel was missing from the Bogner? As for the Orange, it's right up in the top three for me currently, right next to the Bogner and the Mesa ironically. Do you know of any good demos of it? And the M9 instead of the M13 was less price, mor portability. I plan to A/B them, but the M13 is a lot more than I want for the most part.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0