Hi there, I have multiple pedals (and getting multiple pedals) and I was wondering if anyone knows the order of how the pedals should be placed.

The reason I'm asking is that when I got my looper, it took me days to find out that the looper should be at the end of your effects chain. Because, if you put distortion after the looper, you will make clean recorded riffs sound distorted, wich makes you unable to solo over a clean rhythm part (when I look back on that, yes, I do think I was being a dumbass, for not figuring that out earlier).

So, on to the pedals. I have:

-Dunlop Wah (the Slash signature)
-3 Boss Distortions: MT-2, DS-2, OD-20
-Boss Delay: DD-7
-Boss Looper: RC-2
-Boss Noise Surpressor NS-2
-Dunlop EVH Phaser and Flanger
(Btw, I didn't buy all these by myself, I got some pedals wich I didn't even asked for for my birtday etc., so please, no posts like 'why do you have pedal A, when you already have pedal B' etc., ty)

I have a weakness for Boss pedals: I love 'em.

I also have a Boss Adapter with a 5-way-cable (so I can adapt 5 boss pedals at the same times), and a adapter for the Wah (wich is 18 volts, and that would cost you a lot of batteries). But I don't think that that will affect the order of the chain, but I just wanted to make sure.

Aaaaanyway, maybe it's a noob question, but I just want to make sure that I do it right.
So, if you know it, please give me the 'answer' like this:

Guitar - pedal - pedal - pedal - etc. - Amplifier

Thank You

PS: if you have any tips on good effect pedals, or you have a fun pedal board of your own, please post it. TY
For me, it's always like this: All boosts, wah, dist/OD, fuzz, tuners go in the front. Time based and modulation effects always in the loop. If I don't have a loop, I tend to use the mod effects only for cleaner tones as it doesn't sound so great to me without too much fiddling around.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Wah > OD-20 > DS-2 > MT-2 > Phaser > Flanger > Delay > Looper > Noise Suppressor

That's how I'd set it up, but there's tons of ways to do it.

You could swap around the different distortions and the overdrive to get some different sounds. You could put one of the distortions in front of the wah for some pretty interesting sounds. Then mixing up the modulation and delay to find what sounds good to you.

It's really all up to preference, just experiment until you get something that sounds good.
What amp are you using? Does it have an effects loop?

If not:

Guitar -> Wah -> OD-20 -> DS-2 -> MT-2 -> NS-2 -> Phase -> Flange -> Delay -> Looper -> Amp
Ibanez Musician ('78)/Epiphone G-400/Fender Lite Ash Telecaster/Michael Kelly Valor X->Polytune->EX-7->Crybaby->OD-9->BD-2->EVH Phase 90->Hayden Mofo

Send->EHX DMB->DL-8->RV600->Return

Friends are like potatoes: If you eat them, they die.
Quote by Bleach265
What amp are you using? Does it have an effects loop?

If not:

Guitar -> Wah -> OD-20 -> DS-2 -> MT-2 -> NS-2 -> Phase -> Flange -> Delay -> Looper -> Amp

+1

If your amp doesn't have an effects loop, you'd want your modulation/time based effects after the noise suppressor...that way, you're not losing any repeats on your delay, etc.
i play through a line 6 spider IV 30 (yes, i know its crappy) that has some effects. but what does it matter? i mean, i put my amp on clean channel w/o any effects on, and then i use the boss distortion, evh flange/phase and boss delay. why would i use a crappy delay from the spider instead of a delay pedal from boss?
what i'm trying to say is that i dont understand why that matters (that i have an amp with effects on it).

anyway, about the ns-2, the owners manual says that it is more effective to put the ns2 at the beginning of the chain, than at the end.

btw, thanks to you all.
No, an effects loop and an amp with built in effects are different. Your best bet is to put them as I posted earlier, with the NS after the dirt, to cancel out any white noise/hum from the dirt pedals.
Ibanez Musician ('78)/Epiphone G-400/Fender Lite Ash Telecaster/Michael Kelly Valor X->Polytune->EX-7->Crybaby->OD-9->BD-2->EVH Phase 90->Hayden Mofo

Send->EHX DMB->DL-8->RV600->Return

Friends are like potatoes: If you eat them, they die.