Page 1 of 2
go go go go!

I'd have to say John L'heureux, Roald Dahl, Kurt Vonnegut, Daniel Quinn, Fransesca Lia Block, Oscar Wilde, andddd Stephen Hawking
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Robin Hobb
Tick tock and waiting for the meteor
This clock is opening another door
Hunter S. Thompson
Kurt Vonnegut
Stephen King (up to Misery. After that, it got bad.)
If 4 more people tell me to go back to writing The Vanishing Point, I will.

UG's Commie Pinko Bedwetter
Quote by RU Experienced?
Stephenie Meyer

I'll give credit where its due, the books are better than the films.

My favourites are James Herbert, Stephen King, Dean Koontz, Roald Dahl and Kevin Brooks.

I'm a fan of Ian Fleming, Anthony Horowitz, Eoin Colfer and JK Rowling too, because they're the authors I grew up reading, along with Roald Dahls work for kids.
Quote by Stud_Muffin
I'll give credit where its due, the books are better than the films.

My favourites are James Herbert, Stephen King, Dean Koontz, Roald Dahl and Kevin Brooks.

I'm a fan of Ian Fleming, Anthony Horowitz, Eoin Colfer and JK Rowling too, because they're the authors I grew up reading, along with Roald Dahls work for kids.

The books are terribly written, boring and filled with grammatical errors. The movies are half decent.

OP: Lovecraft is balls awesome.
Quote by goest
The books are terribly written, boring and filled with grammatical errors. The movies are half decent.

OP: Lovecraft is balls awesome.

See, I don't mind the last book, as its the only one I've read, because theres a lot of well written gory parts, which is the reason why I like King and Herbert.

I maybe meant the francise that I dislike, how people are getting obsessed with Robert Pattinson and the other dude, to the point where they have to go everywhere with bodyguards so they don't get raped by teenage girls.

I saw the first movie, and was bored within minutes, and the actress who plays the lead girl has such a laughable "fright" face, I just ended up falling asleep. I woke up at the end, when Iron and Wine started playing though, I love the song at the end.
Quote by Stud_Muffin
I'll give credit where its due, the books are better than the films

I've actually never read the books or seen the films

I like a lot of short story writers like Edgar Allen Poe, Tadeusz Borowski, Anton Chekhov, amongst others.

Edit: Also Chuck Palahniuk.
Last edited by RU Experienced? at Aug 11, 2010,
I haven't read anything that wasn't Murakami or Bret Easton Ellis in years
King for the Dark Towers series especially the first 4 books
Knowledge is power
Quote by Stud_Muffin
See, I don't mind the last book, as its the only one I've read, because theres a lot of well written gory parts, which is the reason why I like King and Herbert.

I maybe meant the francise that I dislike, how people are getting obsessed with Robert Pattinson and the other dude, to the point where they have to go everywhere with bodyguards so they don't get raped by teenage girls.

I saw the first movie, and was bored within minutes, and the actress who plays the lead girl has such a laughable "fright" face, I just ended up falling asleep. I woke up at the end, when Iron and Wine started playing though, I love the song at the end.

Moral of story: Twilight in general is terrible. Twilight soundtrack is pretty tolerable.
Ray Bradbury. Absolutely. His short stories are works of art. As soon as he passes away (or maybe sooner), I'm going to be writing up his short stories and posting them on the internet so other people can enjoy them too. I can't think of another writer like him. Nothing compares to finishing a good story by him. His most famous work is Fahrenheit 451, which is good, but not as good as The Martian Chronicles or The Illustrated Man. I've read many classics, and an array of wonderful newer novels, but he still tops. Screw anyone who feels that they're above his stories because of their fantasy twists.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Also Chuck Palahniuk.

Can't believe I forgot Chuck, Haunted and Choke are amazing. I need to read the book to Fight Club, because I really like the film, and I think the relationship between the narrator and Tyler Durden would be a lot better on paper.

Ian Mckewen and Terry Pratchett too, I forgot those as well.

EDIT:

Quote by goest
Moral of story: Twilight in general is terrible. Twilight soundtrack is pretty tolerable.

Agreed
at the moment i love milton and donne and hate spenser.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Anne McCaffrey, Patricia A. McKillip, Roger Zelazny, Isaac Asimov, Christopher Moore, Lorrie Moore, Barbara Kingsolver, Barbara Gowdy, Doris Lessing, Frank Herbert, Jean Craighead George, Gary Paulsen, Robert Cormier, Edward Gorey, Chris Crutcher, Philip K. Dick, Patricia Wrede, Ursula K. LeGuin, Madeleine L'Engle, Ray Bradbury, Edward Eager, Margaret Atwood, Tom Robbins, Robert Graves, Robert Jordan, Brian Jacques, S.M. Stirling...

that's all I can think of off the top of my head.
Last edited by MakinLattes at Aug 11, 2010,
Kurt Vonnegut and Tao Lin for their actual writing, Ernest Hemingway for sheer badassery.
kill all humans
Dean Koontz
mais mon cerveaux sait mieux.

last.fm

e-married to RevaM1ssP1ss & spanishyanez.
and e-child of Kensai.
Fyodor Dostoevsky, William Shakespeare, Charles Dickens, James Joyce, Franz Kafka, Nikolai Gogol
H.P. Lovecraft, Carl Sagan and George Orwell.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
federico garcía lorca
julio cortázar
james joyce
arthur rimbaud
pablo neruda
ee cummings
mario benedetti
Alexi Sayle. Lol.

EDIT: Orwell N'all

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Lovecraft is teh sex
I'm 19 and I still get excited when Eion Colfer or Anthony Horowitz releases a new book.
And Alistair Reynolds is awesome too.
emmmmmmmm...... Stephen King
Raymond E Feist
James Patterson
John Connoly
Robert Jordan
Christopher Paolini

Il can't remember most of the authors whose books i've read
e-married to the most fabulous Fashionista ever, Rarity
e-mom to Scootaloo, somehow
Quote by dawgeth321
Let's warm our wings, fly through the clouds, and dance in the sky, mon capitaine.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Spit is a milf

UG 8-BIT ALBUM
SoundCloud
Lovecraft, and my new love: Tolkein.
¡sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ suɐılɐɹʇsnɐ ʎluo

E-married to danny the fish

Quote by Kensai
That's a purdy mouth you got there, zelestros. Why don't we make good use of that in other ways...
Hunter Thompson
Chuck Bukowski
PJ O'Rourke
Ambrose Bierce
William S Burroughs
Ernest Hemingway (say what you will about him, but I still like him. I thought The Sun Also Rises was brilliant)
F Scott Fitzgerald

currently reading A Confederacy of Dunces. love it, but it's the only book he wrote to my knowledge. and then he killed himself before it was even published. so while it might become a favorite book, i don't know about author.
#DTWD
Last edited by primusfan at Aug 11, 2010,
The only books I've read recently were history books, and I love anything that David McCullough touches.
H. P. Lovecraft, J.R.R Tolkien, Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe, Chinua Achebe, Marcel Proust, Fyodor Dostoevsky, Nathaniel Hawthorne, Alexander Dumas, Franz Kafka, Gabriel García Márquez, Stan Lee, Ralph Ellison, Herman Melville, Anthony Burgess, Vladimir Nabokov, George Orwell, James Joyce, Robert Frost, John Milton, , Dr Suess, Chuck Palahniuk, Aldous Huxley, Khalid Hosseini, Anton Chekhov, Hunter S. Thompson, Virginia Woolf, Homer, Victor Hugo, Edgar Allen Poe, Ernest Hemingway, Leo Tolstoy, Lewis Carroll, Oscar Wilde,
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Neil Gaiman
- Simply brilliant.

Max Barry
- lesser known, writes what he calls "corporate satire" that lampoons the world of business. His best work, imo, is Company.

Isaac Asimov
- I grew up with him, and I love a sci-fi writer who focuses on robots and people more than aliens.

Carl Sagan
- No one else can inspire awe of the universe like good ol' Carl.

Bart Ehrman
- focuses on history of the Bible and Christianity, in particular how human the two are. Realistic, scholarly criticism of the Bible from the perspective of a former believer.
No animals were harmed in order to bring you the above post. However, several photons were greatly inconvenienced.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO-TOAD
H.G Wells and Terry Pratchett
I don't read as much as I used to Not enough time.
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
Tolkien, Douglas Adams and Christopher Hitchens. And Knut Hamsun even though he was a nazi- sympathiser.
Last edited by In absentia at Aug 11, 2010,
kurt vonnegut
chuck palahniuk
jrr tolkien
hunter s thompson
alan moore
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Page 1 of 2