A chance has come up for me to do an NVQ 2. Now I've never done anything like this before and I'm wondering if anyone on here has done NVQ qualifications before and what it actually involves doing?

I would preferably like to know before I sign up properly....

Any sort of help is appreciated.
It basically involves doing what you do in everyday life. My mum's got to do an NVQ 5 and she's like "It's just stuff we do anyway."
Isn't NVQ2 essentially GCSE level?

I thought you had a degree Fassa?

But yeah, the NVQ's are essentially project based.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by TEK34
It basically involves doing what you do in everyday life. My mum's got to do an NVQ 5 and she's like "It's just stuff we do anyway."

Thing is that the one I'm hoping to do, an NVQ Admin and clerical, is something I've never actually done before. I've never had a job...
Quote by metacarpi
Isn't NVQ2 essentially GCSE level?

I thought you had a degree Fassa?

But yeah, the NVQ's are essentially project based.

I have a degree yes. But to get an admin job around here, you need some sort of clerical, typing or admin training, and this is really the only way I'm going to be able to do that.

Fact is that most employers round here don't care about the degree, they want something relevant to the actual job.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Thing is that the one I'm hoping to do, an NVQ Admin and clerical, is something I've never actually done before. I've never had a job...

That's actually the one me mam's got to do, NVQ 2 will literally be something like "Send an E-Mail".
Quote by TEK34
That's actually the one me mam's got to do, NVQ 2 will literally be something like "Send an E-Mail".

This is going to be easy...!
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
This is going to be easy...!

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll still find a way to complain about it to us.