I've been wanting to form a sorta Death Cab for Cutie-ish acoustic project for a while, and I finally decided to post something up on here about it. I'm pretty open to a lot of different styles, but I'd like it keep it in the pop/indie genre. Preferably, I'd like to do something relatively artistic and unique. I'm looking for acoustic guitar players and singers for this group. I have an area we can practice near Downer's Grove.

Influences would include Death Cab for Cutie, John Mayer, Secondhand Serenade, Radiohead, and Dave Matthews Band, hopefully.

A bit about who I'm looking for:

Pretty much any acoustic instrument or vocalist. Guitar, violin, piano, vocals, maybe even sax. I'm really up for whatever.

Relatively experienced and experienced musicians with songwriting knowledge and ability. I'm planning to do a lot of originals, and I can handle a good bit of the songwriting from the general song structure, but the vocals and specific guitar parts will have to be written by the musicians. Singers will need to write their most of own lyrics, and guitarists will have to be able to work over general chord playing. Any other musicians will need to be proficient in their instruments.

Preferably musicians between ages 15-21 (I'm only 16 myself, so it would be weird if I'm working with people way older than me. Try not to judge me by my age.).

Able to get transportation to the Downer's Grove area on a regular basis, and have a relatively free schedule for practice.

A bit about me:

I'm Jake, I've been playing for about 2 1/2 years. I just moved to Chicago from Nashville where I attended a school for the arts in which I studied guitar and musical theory. I have a firm understanding of songwriting and music theory, and can handle the bass pretty well. I've played with a few groups in my time, nothing really notable. I spent a lot of time back in my last school improvising over simple chord changes, so that's my specialty. My setup is a 5 string Ibenez and a 100 Watt bass amp, but I've got backups including an acoustic fretless bass.

Anyway, PM or email me at eragon546@yahoo.com

Peace, love, and rock and roll to you!

Our youth is fleeting;
Old age is just around the bend,
And I can't wait to go gray.

And I'll sit and wonder
Of every love that could've been
If I'd only thought of something charming to say.