My question is-is it worth it? I tried it in the virgin store today, and it was pretty insane. Will speed help if i am running xbox and internet streaming at the same time?

Edit:- MegaBYTES not MilliGRAMS
You could definitely get away with both tasks BELOW 50mbps... that's quite the insane amount of bandwidth for a consumer.
mmmk.
Quote by Sir-Shredalot
My question is-is it worth it? I tried it in the virgin store today, and it was pretty insane. Will speed help if i am running xbox and internet streaming at the same time?

Edit:- MegaBITS not MilliGRAMS

Fixed.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I have 10mb vigrin deal.

I can use ps3/xbox online, laptop running skype and pc using msn and interwebz pages with ease. Thats aswell as my brother using his shit.

But if i had my own house 50mb would be the first thing on the list, its must be epic. downloading films and shit, holy awesome.
Fuck it.
Last edited by Jk47_ at Aug 11, 2010,
Virgin are beta testing 200mb broadband in some areas... Not in my area but from what Ive heard its insane.

A friend of mine has 50mb virgin broadband and downloads a lot. His HD cant keep up to the pace of the downloads. Id say its pretty much worth it if you an intensive user.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Quote by SlayingDragons
50 megabytes per second would be crazy fast.

For most real-world applications I doubt it would be that much faster than megabit, once you get to a certain speed you probably won't notice any difference as it becomes more of a server-side issue. The point of having these uber-high-speed connections is more so that you can run many different devices at once in my opinion.

Not that anyone in the real world actually gets their advertised speed anyway.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Guitardude19
Virgin are beta testing 200mb broadband in some areas... Not in my area but from what Ive heard its insane.

A friend of mine has 50mb virgin broadband and downloads a lot. His HD cant keep up to the pace of the downloads. Id say its pretty much worth it if you an intensive user.

but dont virgin do the fair usage thing..so he will get restricted anyway?!?
Quote by Sir-Shredalot
but dont virgin do the fair usage thing..so he will get restricted anyway?!?

The FUP will probably be altered to reflect the increased capacity of the network, if they don't that's just madness.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
If you can afford it, then it's worth it.
When I move into my house I'm gonna see what kind of internet we have and change it to Virgin if it's not already. 11 people in the house will be slooooowww.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
For most real-world applications I doubt it would be that much faster than megabit, once you get to a certain speed you probably won't notice any difference as it becomes more of a server-side issue. The point of having these uber-high-speed connections is more so that you can run many different devices at once in my opinion.

Not that anyone in the real world actually gets their advertised speed anyway.

For the most part, I would agree with you, but I actually get better speed than my ISP claims. =)
mine is 56k....haha, really, it works at about 15k though so my internet is really bad, email and foums are ok but I need to use flashblock and forget about youtube unless I have 20 mins or so towait for a small vid. I would love something that fast but I don't think we have it in this 3rd world country.
I think i'm about 35 megabits and i can run 4 or 5 computers doing normal browsing, or do light downloading and game and do just fine.
Mine is 100mbps when wired (54mbps for wireless)...

Am I extremely spoiled?
Good god, I'd love to have that speed.

I swear, I must have the slowest DSL in existence at my house. My usual download speed is around 300 kb/s, while at college I have gotten used to around 2mb/s.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.