Ok so im buying a new guitar and my max price is $600. In a guitar im looking for mahogany body, preferably flamed or quilted maple top, and a floyd rose. For $550 i think i found my dream guitar which is a Schecter Damien elite 6 Fr(pictured below), can anyone else make me a better suggestion???

http://cachepe.zzounds.com/media/quality,85/brand,zzounds/DAMIEN_ELITE_FR_STBLK_BODY-7c28550a5fc7ce713c58372b2e5a2a56.jpg
Last edited by -Kr0n1c- at Aug 11, 2010,
my bad lol guess i messed that up, i was thinking of gear as like anything about equipment including guitars
The Damien Elite has a Floyd Rose Special, I'd look for a used Hellraiser, they come with Original Floyd Roses, which are very good trems and superior to the Special. Plus, you're likely to get it cheaper than $550.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Kcintlob
I'm pretty sure this isn't the Electric Guitar section...

No but it is "Guitar gear & Accessories" give the guy a break. Maybe try helping him too.

TS A Schecter would be a good choice, you could also search used for a higher end Schecter or maybe some Washburns?
Im having trouble finding the hellraiser for cheaper than 600, and i was really hoping for a new guitar to really call my own if that makes any sense, but thanks for those suggestions, ill keep looking into them
2nd hand Ibby S*****

amazing guitars for the money and the ZR is much better than any LFR

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
2nd hand Ibby S*****

amazing guitars for the money and the ZR is much better than any LFR

If you could explain what on earth your tryin to say it would be greatly appreciated
Quote by -Kr0n1c-
If you could explain what on earth your tryin to say it would be greatly appreciated

Translation:

The Ibanez S series are awesome for the money and the ZR tremolo they put in them is far superior to a Licensed Floyd Rose.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Translation:

The Ibanez S series are awesome for the money and the ZR tremolo they put in them is far superior to a Licensed Floyd Rose.

Thanks, took me a while to figure that out, and does the s-series have active pickups?
Quote by -Kr0n1c-
Thanks, took me a while to figure that out, and does the s-series have active pickups?

Nope but you could have them installed in the long term if you desire. Think of it as a project guitar. I own two already and buying a third soon!
My Gear

Ibanez J Custom RG8570Z-BX - BKP Warpigs
ESP Eclipse II Full Thickness - BKP Nailbombs
Fender Mexican Strat - BKP Trilogy Suites.

Axe FX II - Matrix GT1000FX - Rocktron All Access.

Stinnett M7 in the works
Quote by Talentless
Nope but you could have them installed in the long term if you desire. Think of it as a project guitar. I own two already and buying a third soon!

Yea, im only 16 so dishing out 600 on a guitar, i couldnt really afford to have to add more money to it, thats why i like the schecter cause it already has my favorite active emg's, but i shall definetly take ibanez into consideration and try out some of em in guitar center tomorrow, thanks a lot.
EMGs suck anyway, though they are still better than the stock ones in most Ibanezs.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
EMGs suck anyway, though they are still better than the stock ones in most Ibanezs.

Im a HUGGEEE fan of the Zakk Wylde active emg set, fis my style of playing alot.
Quote by -Kr0n1c-
Im a HUGGEEE fan of the Zakk Wylde active emg set, fis my style of playing alot.

EMGs aren't the worst pickups out there, but there are better for the price.

Most new players see EMGs in their favorite guitarist's guitars and automatically have the mindset that they are the greatest pickups out there. They're not, not by a long shot. I'd be very surprised if you still liked the EMGs after playing a good set of passives.

Either way though, the EMGs ARE better pickups than anything that comes in an S series, but I much prefer the feel of the S to that of the Schecter
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
I am going to assume you play metal music. I would lay my life down on the ibanez sz series. I know there is no trem but you will love this guitar. they were discontinued about 2 years ago but if you hunt you can find one cheap.
Pm me if you've got some pedals to sell
Quote by MatrixClaw
EMGs aren't the worst pickups out there, but there are better for the price.

Most new players see EMGs in their favorite guitarist's guitars and automatically have the mindset that they are the greatest pickups out there. They're not, not by a long shot. I'd be very surprised if you still liked the EMGs after playing a good set of passives.

Either way though, the EMGs ARE better pickups than anything that comes in an S series, but I much prefer the feel of the S to that of the Schecter

+1 I took the EMG's out of my S520EX after about a year when I got my ENGL. Put Bareknuckle warpigs in and havent used anything else since. The warpigs sound much better with cleans, with leads, with rhythm and they have just as much output as the EMG's.
My Gear

Ibanez J Custom RG8570Z-BX - BKP Warpigs
ESP Eclipse II Full Thickness - BKP Nailbombs
Fender Mexican Strat - BKP Trilogy Suites.

Axe FX II - Matrix GT1000FX - Rocktron All Access.

Stinnett M7 in the works
Quote by -Kr0n1c-
So nobody is suggesting i get the schecter i originally wanted?

If you insist on EMGs and a photo flame top and want a crappy trem, go for it. Otherwise go for the Ibanez suggested and upgrade the pickups when you can afford them. The stock ones aren't too bad though, definitely passable.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Yeah, don't waste your money on the damien.

Any of the two I suggested would blow it out of the water.

Any S would be a fantastic guitar, I've had 3 different sets of pickups in my 470, including EMGs and everything was dandy. You'd be better off getting a solid guitar with stock pickups and upgrading when you can afford to.

As for the hellraise,r like I said, I've seen em go for 300. Yes, their usually closer to 500, but this is part of the gear search. If you want a good deal, you need to hunt, no one said this was easy.
Hellraiser all the way!

BTW? What amp you got (getting)

+2 to passives. get some tight passives and high gain amp and you can practically do whatever you need to do, especially if amp has second channel but single channel amps are cool too.

MatrixClaw - if the TS happened to be down to a Rectoverb and a Tremoverb, which one would you suggest for Blues to Drop A brootalz?
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
MatrixClaw - if the TS happened to be down to a Rectoverb and a Tremoverb, which one would you suggest for Blues to Drop A brootalz?

Tremoverb.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com