I'm in the middle of making a jazzy/fusion backing track and thought I make make a whole CD of the stuff, here's a quick (unfinished) sample of what to expect. It'd mainly be aiming at melodic minor and harmonic minor modes as there's already a shit ton of normal backing tracks. any takers potentially?

Note: theres meant to be a subkick in there to add more low end but it got completely mangled in conversion to mp3 D:<

SAMPLE : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2872916/fusiony%20fusion-01.mp3

progression is : AmM7 / / / AmM7 / / / : CM7#5 / / / CM7#5 / / /
Last edited by professorlamp at Aug 11, 2010,
No offense to your playing skills in that; but I wouldn;t pay sh*t for a CD of backing tracks cause there's THOUSANDS of stream-able ones online so
How many guitar players does it take to change a light bulb?

Twelve. One to change the bulb and eleven to say they could do it better.

Sounds nice, but actually, I record my backing tracks myself. And with the big for free market on backing tracks, I think you wouldn´t be very sucessfull.
In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
Banned for being the coolest April 08'er on UG.

please check out my own album:
almilano.bandcamp.com
I would pay if they were all good. Not into the jazzy stuff at all though. I have tons of tracks but a lot are crap and the good ones I'm sick of. I make my own but it would be cool to have a CD with about 200 or so with different styles (they can be short and cut to loop in time), that I would pay $10 or so, but I wouldn't pay $7 for 20 or so.
fair enough if you make your own

@nickgiovanni: but the reason im doing this is because there's NOT alot of fusion style tracks online that dont stray very far outside. Alot of them are poor midi sequences with very predictable progressions, whereas what you'd be getting here (with the finished result) is real guitars, bass and programmed drums edited to sound as human as possible.
Last edited by professorlamp at Aug 11, 2010,
I usually make my own backing tracks but also have ordered royalty free sound FX and music in the past for DVDs I've made for people.

The sample I heard was...ok..but I could not feel it fitting into one of my videos or anything.

If you feel you have some good work, try contacting and working on selling your tracks to http://freeplaymusic.com/
oh, at first I was tihnking you offer a standard cd length of jamtracks....with you soloing over it. cause 'id buy that for a fiver or more.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Quote by thorbor
oh, at first I was tihnking you offer a standard cd length of jamtracks....with you soloing over it. cause 'id buy that for a fiver or more.

Well there would be 2 versions of it, first the backing track unaccompanied and then the next track would be the backing track with my takes of a solo over it, there would be about 15-20 tracks in total and also on the CD would be a pdf of the chord progressions so you can study them and not got lost