So our drummer has recently quit and are rhythm guitarist doesnt seem to have much interest in the band. He hasnt been to practice in a while. Our last practice was just me and the guitarist . The singer was not answering his phone or house phone even though he said he would come, and the rhythm said he didnt want to practice today. We are getting frustrated and need advice on how to control the band, should there be someone elected to lead sorta. The drummer might come bk as I have talked to him and he is thinking about it. You see theres not many drummers in our area and the ones we know our in a band. I was thinking of maybe learnign drums, Should I? But I love playing bass, but drummers would be harder to find. Any advice?
First of All, Learning to play drums, properly? Takes alot of time. I'd stick to bass if I were you.

Onto you band!
From your description, it sounds like you guys are just hitting a rough patch. Now my advice, while it may seem unorthodox, worked for me and It might for you. What I did? Is took all the guys in my band out, for just some fun, no instruments, no rules, just some good fun. Go do somehting you guys all enjoy, when you have fun, you'll bond, and it'll improve everyone's attitudes
How many guitar players does it take to change a light bulb?

Twelve. One to change the bulb and eleven to say they could do it better.

Quote by adambassman
So our drummer has recently quit and are rhythm guitarist doesnt seem to have much interest in the band. He hasnt been to practice in a while. Our last practice was just me and the guitarist . The singer was not answering his phone or house phone even though he said he would come, and the rhythm said he didnt want to practice today. We are getting frustrated and need advice on how to control the band, should there be someone elected to lead sorta. The drummer might come bk as I have talked to him and he is thinking about it. You see theres not many drummers in our area and the ones we know our in a band. I was thinking of maybe learnign drums, Should I? But I love playing bass, but drummers would be harder to find. Any advice?

first of. you have to learn the opposite of ARE and OUR. search for other musicians. if someone isn't interested in making music he's probably not the right one.
learn to english =D

get a new drummer
he left you in the first place, whats gonna change 2/3 weeks from now? he'll leave again for the same reasons.

Sounds like you guys need a break

Check out my band! Visible Clarity

Gear:
Ibanez RG 420Ex SAr W/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
Ibanez Toneblaster 100w head + cab
Soon Buying:
Bugera 6262 Head
Bugera 412 Cab
Quote by The Chauffeur
first of. you have to learn the opposite of ARE and OUR. search for other musicians. if someone isn't interested in making music he's probably not the right one.

Ha i made one mistake lol I was typing and playing so it is very sloppy but step one done , now for other musicians it's hard as the drummers we know are in bands already