seached them up but there didn't seem to be a thread so lets fix that
IMO this is Danger Mouse's best work and has exposed me to the voice that is James Mercer
one of the few CD's i paid for this year and i think it was worth every penny not one bad song on the whole album
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
****ing love Broken Bells!!! The High Road is just soooo perfect. The whole album though kind of reminds me of MGMT. The 2 bands are really similar. (I'm talking more of MGMT's "Congratulations," and the second half of "Oracular Spectacular")

Ghost Inside has that high melody in the background that always reminded me of Siberian Breaks by MGMT.....anyways the album is great, and the songwriting is absolutely phenomenal.
Quote by sadSTATUE
Uhmmm... Well, apparently I was mentioned in a thread called "Japan and Lesbians."

Quote by Unknown_Biskit
Try typing "potatoes" with your dick then submit it.

My cover of Manchester Orchestra's "I Can Feel Your Pain"
http://www.mediafire.com/?jfvt54j4mkiiq99
Last edited by gatechballer at Aug 11, 2010,
Just got into them a few days.....The High Road is the most amazing song ever, actually I think I will go listen to it right now
"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind" Albert Einstein.
They are one of my favorite bands right now, just the songs as a whole are built well. I never buy CD's but there latest one I just had to buy. I was never a huge fan of The Shins so when I heard he was the singer I was a little skeptical but they definitely delivered
I can't stop listening to "October". at least I think it's October, the one that starts "So you show me around your town, to hell again and back." Man, best song i've heard in a loong time.
"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind" Albert Einstein.
hmmmm it appears us 4 are the only ones who seem to be in to Broken Bells
people i urge you to check out this band on youtube it will totally be worth the time anyone i have shown this band to has thought they kick ass
Blackstar HT-5
BBE Sonic Stomp
Empress ParaEQ
I'm a massive Shins fan (as my avatar suggests ) but I actually disliked The High Road because it was so similar to The Shins - to me it just sounded like a Shins song + some weird sounds.

How similar to The Shins is the rest of the album? Obviously it's James Mercer singing so it will sound similar in that way but is the whole thing just The Shins made electronic or do they generate a new sound?

I'd much prefer a new sound because if The High Road is anything to go by, an album that is too similar to The Shins will just pale in comparison to the real thing.
good good band, some of their stuff is very trip-hoppy-ish which isn't a bad thing. They even get radio play over here in NY which is absolutely amazing to me in this Lady Gaga era we live in.
Quote by 12345abcd3
I'm a massive Shins fan (as my avatar suggests ) but I actually disliked The High Road because it was so similar to The Shins - to me it just sounded like a Shins song + some weird sounds.

How similar to The Shins is the rest of the album? Obviously it's James Mercer singing so it will sound similar in that way but is the whole thing just The Shins made electronic or do they generate a new sound?

I'd much prefer a new sound because if The High Road is anything to go by, an album that is too similar to The Shins will just pale in comparison to the real thing.

Broken Bells are an amazing band and their debut is an amazing album. If they sound so similar to the shins perhaps you or someone else could recommend me some songs to listen to by the shins because I dont much like the shins but I like broken bells so maybe Im just not looking at the right songs by them.
Quote by dont_cry789
Broken Bells are an amazing band and their debut is an amazing album. If they sound so similar to the shins perhaps you or someone else could recommend me some songs to listen to by the shins because I dont much like the shins but I like broken bells so maybe Im just not looking at the right songs by them.
Tbh I love almost all Shins tracks but some good tracks to get into them are New Slang, Saint Simon, Caring is Creepy, Kissing the Lipless, Phantom Limb.

Most people think Chutes Too Narrow is their best album so that's probably a good place to start (assuming you liked the songs and want to get into the albums) although I prefer the debut. The third album is also good but imo not in the same league as the first two.
Great band that will always be in my heart. Last summer I heard the High Road on the radio, and loved it but didn't know what it was. A few weeks later I flew to Canada to meet my girlfriend in person for the first time, and she had this CD in her car, on that song it just so happened, So many many great memories to this album touring around Toronto with it on repeat
Meyrin Fields EP came out awhile ago just wanted to see what everyone thought of it
Blackstar HT-5
BBE Sonic Stomp
Empress ParaEQ
The shins are to broken bells as Death cab for cutie is to the postal service.

Maybe i'll have to give broken bells a closer listen, i never really payed much attention to them but i am a massive shins fan.
Quote by spitonastranger
The shins are to broken bells as Death cab for cutie is to the postal service.

Maybe i'll have to give broken bells a closer listen, i never really payed much attention to them but i am a massive shins fan.

I haven't ever given The Shins a listen I just got into the Broken Bells cause I'm a huge Danger Mouse fan but from what I hear BB sounds very similar to them
Blackstar HT-5
BBE Sonic Stomp
Empress ParaEQ
Quote by Shayne777
I haven't ever given The Shins a listen I just got into the Broken Bells cause I'm a huge Danger Mouse fan but from what I hear BB sounds very similar to them

Yeah well i love danger mouse also so it doesn't really make sense why i've pretty much ignored BB for so long
So whats going on with some tabs/chords for this new song from the shins @ bagdad theater?