Right, this is probably a noob question!

i have recently got a 100 watt vox amp head. i was planning on having a cab by now but money is tighter than expected!

i was just wondering if it is possible to connect to some speakers i found in the loft. i have two 80 watt kenwood speakers with an impedance on 8 just like the amp head (not a clue if ive worded that correctly!)

i was thinking, a cab is just speakers mounted in a cabinet, so cant i just wire these to a female jack or something and run the head through it

would appreciate anyones help!

Cheers
yes but make sure u wire the speakers right or the ohms will change on u u can wire it in series which will give you a 16 ohm load or parallel and have a 4 ohm load follow this and u wil be ok http://www.colomar.com/Shavano/2x12wiring.html
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
Quote by ItsJustRocknRol
yea it is!

ohh wow! what exactly do i have to do to get it connected?

i would get a cheeper cable and cut one end and find ground and hot and just wire that to some extra wire u have or just buy a female jack and wire it like the diagram

it probly wont sound that great without a cab tho
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
Care here. Kenwood is a cheap audio brand and their ratings for speakers are not the RMS system used on guitar amps. Theirs relates to PMP (peak music power) in which 80w is like a reasonable home audio system or a big PC system. In other words 5-10w RMS. Even with matched impedence you'll probably blow the cones straight out of them and fry the magnets.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by ItsJustRocknRol
ohhhh! would it be best not to try this then?

I'd do it, I mean why not? As long as you don't mind if they break