Hey guys,

I was playing my bass today, and I noticed that whenever I play the E sting with my fingers the string buzzes very loudly. It never did this before until today, and I know it is not a issue with how I am fretting because it buzzes when it played open as well.

If someone had any guesses as to why this is happening, it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!
Do you have a taste for awful Black Metal? If you do check out Cryptic Gates and let me know what you think!

Quote by senor_penguin
its like a girl having dicks where her nipples should be, you digg?
I have two options that could be the problem... Either the saddles is to low, or the neck is "bent".. My suggestion is that you hand it in to nearest shop. The same thing (if it is as I suppose) happend to my guitar and it only took 12 minutes too fix, and it was for free
Quote by Royal Celebi
Is the action too low?

Sorry man Im not quote sure what you mean by action, Im still kind of a noob.

Quote by Chokenhold
I have two options that could be the problem... Either the saddles is to low, or the neck is "bent".. My suggestion is that you hand it in to nearest shop. The same thing (if it is as I suppose) happend to my guitar and it only took 12 minutes too fix, and it was for free

Alright, I was planing on taking it in to the shop on friday anways. Ill be sure to mention the buzzing to them.

Thanks guys!
Do you have a taste for awful Black Metal? If you do check out Cryptic Gates and let me know what you think!

Quote by senor_penguin
Action - "height of the strings". So, distance from the neck to the strings.

Have you by any chance put on a new E string?
If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have on your hands is a non-working cat. - Douglas Adams
Have u changed tunings anytime recently? The neck changes shape to adjust with the string tension (how tight or loose your strings are) . So i've you've made a big tuning change, there would be something to notice.
Quote by Psihodeliko
Action - "height of the strings". So, distance from the neck to the strings.

Have you by any chance put on a new E string?

Oh okay, the action thing makes sense now. No I actually havent even changed the strings, since I bought it a 2 or 3 months ago.

Quote by Noree
Have u changed tunings anytime recently? The neck changes shape to adjust with the string tension (how tight or loose your strings are) . So i've you've made a big tuning change, there would be something to notice.

No I really dont ever change the tuning all that much, the only exception is that I tune it to Eb occasionally. But I havent even done that in awhile.

Quote by senor_penguin