There are a lot of things I wanna do in my free time but when I'm free I ALWAYS go on the internet or play video games. I want to do other things but when I do them, I'm not in mood. Each time I play guitar, I get bored after 5 minutes and jump on internet or video games or when I'm reading a book, I get bored after few pages. How can I defeat this habit? I hate it very much.
Don't go on the computer? Not that difficult. If you get bored playing after 5 min, maybe guitar isn't your instrument.
What a long strange trip it's been

Nothing to see here.

You hail the calves as eloquently as any facade of Easter Island.

Quote by Pencil Man
You know it get's serious when UG's Obama tells you off.

Call me Mr. President
That's not lazy, it's ADHD.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
That sounds like me, except I get bored with video games, too.

Holidays suck when you don't have a job.
Quote by Zeropathic
That sounds like me, except I get bored with video games, too.

Holidays suck when you don't have a job.

This has never rang more true for me than right now
Ts that somewhat sounds like me.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

lol

Wait you serious?
Edit:
Quote by CarryMeHome
get rid of your computer, you have a problem

This sounds more plausible. I hope these games you're playing isn't WoW or runescape (is that what its called?)
Impossible is just a word people say to make themselves feel better when they quit.
Vyse the Legend
Last edited by ricanboyguitar at Aug 11, 2010,
Your just bored because summer is almost over and you don't know what to do. Like me...
Quote by axethrower13
But you only die once, so you may as well experience it to the fullest.

Quote by ozzyismetal
Get her a goat. Bitches love goats.

Quote by Weaponxclaws
Plus, naturally I scream satanic rituals while unleashing the demon. It's a marvelous resurrection.
Quote by goest
Play guitar whilst on the toilet.

Best place to play that shit.

when i get bored i play guitar
i do not get bored of playing guitar
Quote by goest

good sir that deserves sigging
e-married to the most fabulous Fashionista ever, Rarity
e-mom to Scootaloo, somehow
Quote by dawgeth321
Let's warm our wings, fly through the clouds, and dance in the sky, mon capitaine.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Spit is a milf

UG 8-BIT ALBUM
SoundCloud
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

This all sounds so familiar
You can get rid of the laziness but you need to practice. Keep trying to break the habit of spending time on the internet and it will get easier.
Quote by goest

lolpun

I've actually done this a couple of times. Electric guitar sounds insanely cool in the bathroom, without an amp. Seriously, try it.

I even played guitar whilst having a piss once, the strap was very short...
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
I'm too lazy to play video games. They are the ultimate in timewasting. Like nomak said, if you get bored playing guitar after 5 mins, maybe don't bother anymore, you obviously have no love for it and probably do it for the wrong reasons.
Last edited by Tempoe at Aug 11, 2010,
Quote by Sixty9
There are a lot of things I wanna do in my free time but when I'm free I ALWAYS go on the internet or play video games.

I hear ya there dude, I've been doing that too. Mainly because I don't have anything else to do.

Quote by Sixty9
I want to do other things but when I do them, I'm not in mood. Each time I play guitar, I get bored after 5 minutes and jump on internet or video games or when I'm reading a book, I get bored after few pages.

Yep, I know the feeling. I used to be practically obsessed with guitar, but lately I have been having a hard time getting into it. But it's not the end of the world. I go through phases like this off and on.

Quote by Sixty9
How can I defeat this habit? I hate it very much.

Don't feel like you're obligated to practice guitar all the time. Just give it a rest, take time off from playing guitar if you aren't into it. Pursue other interests. That's what I do. There's more to life than playing guitar. Go outside, find something to do with friends or something. Even if you just go out and take a walk/drive and listen to music or something, it's better than nothing.

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Hey, there's no shame in that. I was diagnosed with ADD (back before they added the H) when I was really young. I took medicine for it and everything until I got to high school and decided "fuck it" and stopped taking it. Having ADD/ADHD doesn't make you retarded or anything, I get tired of hearing people talking like having ADHD makes you some kind of short-bus riding mongoloid.
Last edited by CaptDin at Aug 11, 2010,
Delete all browsers except Firefox and/or Chrome, then download Leechblock or StayFocused. Both of those extensions will help with your willpower problems, input the sites that you tend to waste time on and then when you need to concentrate block them for an hour or two. Only takes a second and when your concentration wanes fifteen minutes later you won't be able to waste time on the net.
People will say "nah man, just have willpower", but that can be hard for some people, these can help.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Delete all browsers except Firefox and/or Chrome, then download Leechblock or StayFocused. Both of those extensions will help with your willpower problems, input the sites that you tend to waste time on and then when you need to concentrate block them for an hour or two. Only takes a second and when your concentration wanes fifteen minutes later you won't be able to waste time on the net.
People will say "nah man, just have willpower", but that can be hard for some people, these can help.

No offense, but that's kind of a stupid idea. It's like telling a fat person to hide food from himself.
Just do what you want when you really want to. Simple enough.

I mean, if you don't want to play guitar right now then don't...no one is forcing you.

I think
<3 Beardfish

Quote by 'Leviathan'
I love you so much.

YAY!
Quote by CaptDin
No offense, but that's kind of a stupid idea. It's like telling a fat person to hide food from himself.

Nope, it's like a fat person hiring someone to hide food from them.
TS says that he lacks focus. All he has to do is put in the sites that distract him and then when he decides he needs to get work done they'll be blocked so when he loses focus he won't be able to distract himself. Worked for me.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Nope, it's like a fat person hiring someone to hide food from them.
TS says that he lacks focus. All he has to do is put in the sites that distract him and then when he decides he needs to get work done they'll be blocked so when he loses focus he won't be able to distract himself. Worked for me.

Why can't he just unblock the site?
Quote by CaptDin
For the same reason a fat person can't walk down to the corner market and buy a bunch of junk food.

He CAN. But it's inconvenient.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by CaptDin

It doesn't allow you to unblock it for whatever amount of time you put in. That's the point.

I'm sure you could find some way around it, bit it'd be difficult enough.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington