To me they look like a vast improvement over the already good variaxes, they just took the problems and fixed them, as well as making the guitars themselves better quality

I'm thinking about getting one, or at least checking one out since there is a us and a Korean version, and while the us version would be awesome, the Korean is still pretty good and is much more viable for me price wise

Just curious as to what people thought
Ibanez RG5EX1
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey XXX-->Avatar 4X12(2 V30's 2 G12H30's)

BARE KNUCKLE PUPS RULE!
Quote by gumbilicious
thanks for making an old dude feel like his advice is actually taken into consideration
I have a variax 500 and i think that there is plenty of room for improvement, i hope they have made the most of that room - i like the way they've got custom tunings built in to the guitars controls and actual real guitar pickups, but has the modelling improved? lets hope so.

sucks to be me though - my guitar has become obsolete after 5 years of owning it... great, thanks a lot line 6
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Well the sounds from the old ones are still good, it's just things like alt tuning too far or palm muting which the only reason palm muting is a problem is because of the nature of piezos
Ibanez RG5EX1
Ibanez RG7321

BARE KNUCKLE PUPS RULE!
Quote by gumbilicious
thanks for making an old dude feel like his advice is actually taken into consideration
I was already planning to get a Variax later this year, so this is welcome news. Hopefully the tech upgrades will also include a price drop.
My only gripe with the Variax is the like too many other companies, they don't offer any left handed models. I mean, even if they only put out 100 just so lefties could have a chance to try one.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by Jhachey22
My only gripe with the Variax is the like too many other companies, they don't offer any left handed models. I mean, even if they only put out 100 just so lefties could have a chance to try one.

Oh, man, I'm sorry, seriously I hardly even think about left handed guitarists, and you're right, maybe they will though
Ibanez RG5EX1
Ibanez RG7321

BARE KNUCKLE PUPS RULE!
Quote by gumbilicious
Quote by Jhachey22

I do wonder how many Variax guitars Line 6 is actually selling. They can’t be moving that many units if they’re not making a left-handed version of a product that they have a monopoly on.
Quote by jpnyc
I do wonder how many Variax guitars Line 6 is actually selling. They can’t be moving that many units if they’re not making a left-handed version of a product that they have a monopoly on.

Look how many Guitars PRS sells. they don't have a single production run lefty.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by Jhachey22

well the 500, which i have was discontinued as a right handed model when the 300/600 models came out, and the 500 was available left handed only iirc.

but yeah you have a point there - you swap the strings round and play it upside down, you're probably gonna screw the modelling system up a bit. Mine, interestingly enough, has an extra strap button so you can attach a strap in a decent position if you're playing it left handed - i think this was done by the previous owner.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
The ugliest headstock in the industry meets the most annoying electronics in the industry. Somehow seems like a perfect match
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

“Life is on the wire…the rest is just waiting” - Papa Wallenda
Substitute the stage for the wire, and he's got it.
Quote by Jhachey22

@Jhachey22 The JT Variax WILL be available left handed 'soon'.

That's what the variax guys told me last week. 'Soon' by Line6's standards could mean a long while though! Although at least we know they will definitely be making lefties at some point.

I've been watching a lot of video reviews of these things and they are getting a ton of praise. A huge step up from the current Variax models.
The new variaxs have dual core processors apparently and a rechargable battery with an "indicator like a macbook".
I loled.
Look pretty decent though.
Regarding Lefties. Yeah, they have now changed their minds from "soon", to "look for word next summer".... saw that one coming a mile off.

Basically isn't going to happen for a LONG time. This is the company that took an entire year to offer Windows 7 support after all.
How do these things work? Do they pitch shift each string electronically on the fly?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Aug 13, 2010,
Quote by Cathbard
How do these things work? Do they pitch shift each string electronically on the fly?

Pretty much.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
I bet the EMG haters would be losing their lunch over these things then.
I'm a bit skeptical myself but I haven't tried one so I'll reserve judgement.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard

Yeah, basically. The older ones just used piezos, no magnetic pickups, so each string had its own signal.

And for the lefties; If you flipped the guitar its pretty easy to fix the bridge, you'd just need to swap the piezo wires from each saddle (E to e, A to B, D to G) and it'd work just like the righty version.
Watched a few demos on these last week.
In my opinion, the LP one sounded okayish, and the 'shred' one sounded absolutly awful.
The moddeling I mean.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.