Does putting duct tape over the pickups of a strat(or any guitar for that matter) mess with the sound or quality? Well, 'quality' as in 'does it mess with the signal'.
...Why do you want to put duct tape over your pickup's?
My Gear
Yamaha Pacifica (D'addario Flatwound)
Roland Cube 60 watt
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Boss RC-2
Montana Acoustic Guitar(Martin Regular)
Only if there's metal in the tape.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by iron_maiden93
...Why do you want to put duct tape over your pickup's?

This?
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
if you're talking about what i think you are, people usually do it when they've removed a pickup, and just tape over the empty cavity
Gear:-
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall DSL50 (In the process of modding!)
Fender 2x12 Deville
Marshall 1960 (V30's)
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson SG Special
Fender 'Marcus Miller' Jazz Bass

My Band
Juturna

It shouldn't, as long as it doesn't touch the strings.

Dimebag and Steve Vai put tape on the sides of the bridge pickup to prevent strings from getting caught under it when they do whammy bar divebombs. There's your random fact of the day. Why do you want to do it?
Already did it, just wanted to see if it messed with anything. Um, it's on a crappy Ibanez Gio 'box' guitar. I put duct tape over the Hum-bucker because it came loose and touched the strings. I put tape on the neck so it matched....then I drew on the duct tape :P it's a quaint thing
Yeah, Why? and No, it won't.

Paul Gilbert got a trick from Joe Satriani about filling any gaps in the pickup cavity with foam to help prevent some feedback and microphonics.

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
Quote by sashki
It shouldn't, as long as it doesn't touch the strings.

Steve Vai put tape on the sides of the bridge pickup to prevent strings from getting caught under it when they do whammy bar divebombs. There's your random fact of the day. Why do you want to do it?

I always wondered what that green tape on Vai's pup was for! I think its only on one guitar (flo?) though.