The Wendigo [Album Intro / Technical Groove Metal]

It's short, it's too the point. The song itself isn't Technical Groove Metal, so if somebody says it isn't, then ... well... no shit sherlock. The album is Technical Groove Metal so I just called this that.

The tuning is different. I haven't heard this tuning used officially by any band.

Enjoy, and C4C as always.

Recommended listening -> RSE if you haven't. If you don't, it's okay it still sounds fine. But if you do have RSE, please listen using it.
Attachments:
The Wendigo.gp5
There will be zero tolerance
For the creator of hallowed intentions
Fate is your deciding God
The 5/4 section doesn't sit right with me at all, mainly because the cymbals aren't steady, it feels like there are cuts rather than added beats to make 5/4.

It also feels a little disjointed, particularly for an album intro, which you would ideally want to take one theme and build it up and up until it explodes into the first track.

Just my two cents anyway, sorry to be negative
As said, the 5/4 section sounds just plain off in some bars, but you could fix that by changing those bars, so it could be like '3/4, 5/4', and it may feel more fluent.

The tuning doesn't seem too special, but I suppose a mix up doesn't hurt if it makes playing the song easier.

Why's there the tracks for the clean guitar and bass? Are they going anywhere, 'cause that could be interesting.

And, like said before, it does sound more song-y, than intro-y, but, depending how you follow it through, it could work really work like that.

Oh, and listening with the RSE sounds reaally goood, by the way!

Overall, I think it does sound really good, and it is enjoyable to listen to
The criticisms are just the technical side of things, the song is really good.
Quote by LessThanLuke
The 5/4 section doesn't sit right with me at all, mainly because the cymbals aren't steady, it feels like there are cuts rather than added beats to make 5/4.

It also feels a little disjointed, particularly for an album intro, which you would ideally want to take one theme and build it up and up until it explodes into the first track.

Just my two cents anyway, sorry to be negative

It's okay to be negative. I felt that the 5/4 section did it's proper job, though. The cymbals weren't meant to be steady during the creation, it was supposed to be full of cuts. It's more-so our first attempt to have a semi-melodic intro part, and I felt as if the cuts made it slightly heavy and fit the "ghostly" nature of the next part.

But anyhow, I should've clarified that it does "explode" nicely into the second track, The Black Martyr.

But thanks anyways.

Quote by clanderson32
Critting as i go.
-Intro is meh, its not too bad not too good but does the job.
-I like the first verse- gives it a nice groove to it, vocals will make it stand out if there are any
-Solo is decent, however not great
-Love the chaotic ending though!! good job there mate

Overall 6.5/10 good but not outsanding

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1349909 C4C?

Thanks for the critique.

Quote by Chrisseh
As said, the 5/4 section sounds just plain off in some bars, but you could fix that by changing those bars, so it could be like '3/4, 5/4', and it may feel more fluent.

The tuning doesn't seem too special, but I suppose a mix up doesn't hurt if it makes playing the song easier.

Why's there the tracks for the clean guitar and bass? Are they going anywhere, 'cause that could be interesting.

And, like said before, it does sound more song-y, than intro-y, but, depending how you follow it through, it could work really work like that.

Oh, and listening with the RSE sounds reaally goood, by the way!

Overall, I think it does sound really good, and it is enjoyable to listen to
The criticisms are just the technical side of things, the song is really good.

The 3/4, 5/4 might work but it might make it more choppy and lengthened in certain areas, and I'm someone who OCD's over those things, so it would be hard to accomplish. But I will try to do so. Thanks
For the creator of hallowed intentions
Fate is your deciding God
I didn't like the intro was at first, but I listened to it a few times, and it kinda grew on me. It's one of those difficult rhythms to get into, even for 5/4, which is something I wouldn't want to put in the intro track. It seems like you tried to transition the intro into bar 10, but it really felt kind of random. I really enjoyed bar 10 however, the unsteady cymbals fit the part. The solo was a real nice part, but I do have some problems with it. Up until that point, the song was kind of a suspenseful metal song in my head, which the solo fit into at first, but then the note choices just got stranger and stranger until you reached the bottom string where it just turned chromatic, which I thought was really strange. I enjoyed the last riff immensely, I really have no problems with it. Overall it was pretty decent. The song itself seemed like a nice introduction to an album, but some parts would better off be in songs further down the line. I really can't recommend anything to make the song any better.

Overall 7.5/10.
Quote by RhyseOrtiz
Banned because.. that was brilliant, champayne

Some of My Recent Songs

[thread="1403441"]Synthetic Damage WIP[/thread]

[thread="1350364"]The Nightman Awakens[/thread]

[thread="1322579"]Into the Sunset WIP[/thread]

[thread="1296556"]Frost[/thread]
[thread="1247340"]The Butter Knife Massacre[/thread]
[thread="1253933"]Into The Sparta Pit[/thread]

[thread="1224038"]Untitled Tech Thing[/thread]