Poll: Which Survival Skills do you have?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which Survival Skills do you have?
I can hunt.
102 35%
I can fish.
144 49%
I can do nothing, but I taste good.
80 27%
I can make fires.
179 61%
I can kill.
164 56%
Other
135 46%
Voters: 293.
Page 1 of 3
Apocalypse is nigh!

It finally happened.

The fabric on which our society is based on has been destroyed. Doesn't matter how it happened. Tsunami, floods, zombies, earthquake, comet, whatever.

All you know is that water isn't running, there's no electricity, and the food in your kitchen won't be edible in a couple of days, and knowing human nature, people will start rioting the streets.

But what about you? What would you do?

Start rioting with them?
Gather your friends and look for supplies?
Hide in your home with your home with your trusty bat and wait until people raid your house so you can hit them, kill them, and eat them?

Also, if it really came down to surviving in the outside world, would you have any useful skills?

Like fishing?
Hunting?
Make fires?
Or would you just be an excellent source of proteins?

Discuss, my pretties.

*Sitting inside bomb shelter*
I'd probably gang up with some of my friends.

I know some basic skills that would help me. I know how to fish, I can build/start fires, build basic shelters, and a few other things.
I would band together with my closest (and toughest) friends and roam the wasteland.
We will also eat people.
i'd riot and live off of whatever i get. or die trying
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
I can make a fire pretty well, but apart from that, I'm fuuuuuuucked.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
My water is still running. I still have power. My gates are locked. I've just finished my mine field. Come and get me you punk ass city pukes.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
i can provide food for people.
i think i'd taste pretty good
sig-less
I'd break for it, head deep into the boonies. I hope I'd have time to beat the rioters to some brief looting, but I'd keep it short and get the hell out of dodge.
Clearly, none of you happened to be in Kansas the night Obama got elected. That right there taught me everything I need to know.
Quote by Jackal58
My water is still running. I still have power. My gates are locked. I've just finished my mine field. Come and get me you punk ass city pukes.

I hope you have protection against tunnels. Otherwise I'm digging into your basement.
Me and my brother spent our entire childhood building elaborate traps for each other inspired by home-alone. I became very good at it, my brothers misshapen nose can vouch for this.

So yeah, stronghold making.... Now i just need someone good at killing animals to come chill with me

EDIT: Oh yeah, traps can kill animals too.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
I can fish to a degree, and I bought my dad the Ray Mears Survival Guide, so I'd try and locate that, and learn to make fires and shelter and stuff.

People like Ray Mears and Bear Grylls would probably be leaders of surivival packs, if such an event were to happen.
I would go ransack the gun store/shooting range in town. If the people who work were still there, I would team up with them.

Other than that, fishing isn't hard, and all you need to make fire is to go steal a case of lighters from a gas station or some shit.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
I can do all, and I probably taste ok.

It's likely I will eventually dominate though.
Last edited by Tempoe at Aug 11, 2010,
Quote by daytripper75
I hope you have protection against tunnels. Otherwise I'm digging into your basement.

Just say the secret word and entry is yours Matt. I know you can fish.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Stud_Muffin
I can fish to a degree, and I bought my dad the Ray Mears Survival Guide, so I'd try and locate that, and learn to make fires and shelter and stuff.

People like Ray Mears and Bear Grylls would probably be leaders of surivival packs, if such an event were to happen.

I always imagine them living next to each other in a post apocalyptic world. It'd be like some weird sitcom.

Two people with very definitions of edible. For one it means it'll taste alright and give you some energy, for the other it just means it can be swallowed.

I'd watch that show.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
I live in Houston. There's a bunch of gun nuts here. So if there's riots I'm in trouble.

Thankfully I'm one of those gun nuts. Got the .338 (scoped and zeroed to 400 yards), the .45 (for close-mid combat), and the .22 (scoped and zeroed to 100 yards). (the .22 is for zombies, because the .338 moves a bit too fast to cause soft tissue damage. The .22 is slow but causes more tissue damage, assuming I miss the head and hit center mass.)

I can hunt. I can kill. I can make a fire. And I don't think I taste very good, but you'd have to ask my ex's for that opinion. ;P
You know, you're probably reading this saying "Hey, I'm bored, maybe this'll be funny?"
It's not. Too bad. No, I am not refunding you those 6 seconds of your life. So :P

I would probably hide in the woods, like I imagined I'd do if I got transported to the middle ages today whilst doing my summer history work.
id form a strong alliance and start my own society! we'd trick people to coming here and attack as soon as they enter then rape and loot them. i'm sure they wouldn't taste too bad
I can fish, but only if I have all the right equipment. I can light a fire as long as I have matches or a lighter. I could build a shelter which would be adequate enough for where I live, seeing as it's mild enough even in the winter. I'd probably be screwed, though.
Quote by McHizzie
id form a strong alliance and start my own society! we'd trick people to coming here and attack as soon as they enter then rape and loot them. i'm sure they wouldn't taste too bad

Sounds kinda like Andale.
Quote by uk.mace
This man is smart.

Quote by guitar-guy69
you spelt colors wrong

Tweet me bro.
I'd go to my grandparents place because they live in the middle of nowhere and have a huge natural garden.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
I can pretty much do nothing but use my incredible wit!...... yeah, so that's nothing.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

I can do all of the things on the list, but if it's the end of the world, I'm going to chose to do absolutely nothing.

My end of the world plan:

Go down to the corner store, grab a couple cartons of smokes, a few bottles of booze, and some munchies and head back home. Get up on the roof with my ipod and my nice sennheiser headphones, kick back and watch the world burn. Eventually I'd die of starvation, or being killed in a riot or something, but I don't really care. If it's the end of the world, survival doesn't matter to me.
I'm going to get a rifle from the local TA base, commandeer a boat and become a pirate of the channel Yarr!
I can do whatever I want and get away with it, rape, rape, more rape, even more rape.
Bring on the Apocalypse!
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
I know CPR and basic first aid if that would be any use

Can't fish, can't hunt, can't really cook...

I could probably defend myself against a bunch of zombies, provided I had a few shotguns and they were slow zombies (Shaun of the Dead) rather than fast ones (28 Days Later).
I know how to fish pretty well, been doing it since I could walk.

I've acquired quite an eye for accuracy with guns as well, so hunting and killing should not be a problem.

I also know how to get resources and avoid bad situations.

Although, when the time comes for these types of situations, preparedness only helps so far. You better have good improvisational skills for survival, and better hope that it's your lucky day.
I can't fish, I'd be able to hunt certain things (nothing which takes skill but in an urban town surrounded by farmland/small villages there isn't going to be many dinosaurs to hunt >_> <_< I can make a fire (well it isn't too hard) and I assume I could kill when it was needed.

Though compared to anyone around here I'm fairly sure I'd be doing much better after the first week than most in this area.

This is assuming this apocalpyse was very slow burning and nothing like world-wide tsunami, of which no skills but "drowning" are really needed.
I would save the world being Batgirl and all.
Quote by Carmel
Lucky I'm a girl and I don't give a damn.

Quote by darkwolf291

I've seen her kill a man with a spork and a rubber band
No one is safe from the wrath of Batgirl!
Why do people take their friends?
When shit hits the fan people look out for themselves first.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Get on the roof, get some music playing and watch the world burn.
In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
Banned for being the coolest April 08'er on UG.

please check out my own album:
almilano.bandcamp.com
Page 1 of 3