Would i be able to put a tune o matic bridge on this guitar http://www.prsguitars.com/sesinglecut/
If so how because from what i have seen the tune o matic comes before the tailpiece but on this guitar the bridge pickup is too close to the tailpiece for the tune o matic to be able to fit
I believe you can buy a direct replacement bridge that is adjustable, like a tune o matic bridge would be. I know they are available for Gibson Les Paul and SG Jrs that have similar bridges.
thin slice o skin
Last edited by jimoc1964 at Aug 11, 2010,
Check out the adjustable wrap around bridges at stewmac.com
thin slice o skin
You would have to plug the holes from the wrap around bridge and drill out new holes for the new bridge and tailpiece. Why spend the money on a PRS if you want a guitar with a tune o matic bridge setup?
thin slice o skin
Last edited by jimoc1964 at Aug 11, 2010,
You may or may not have to drill new holes if the TOM bushings will fit in the previous bridge holes. Right now, the strings should be breaking over the top of that bridge exactly, or pretty damn close, to 25" from the nut. If the bushings line up with that 25" line, then you should be good.

At that 25" line is where the TOM will go, then the tailpiece will go somewhere behind that. You will have to drill for that. You could also go with just some string through ferrules, and put them instead of a tailpiece. And that tailpiece/ferrules can be pretty much any distance behind the bridge, so whatever feels or looks right will work.

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA