Poll: What is your favorite 15w tube amp?
Poll Options
View poll results: What is your favorite 15w tube amp?
Orange Tiny Terror
6 15%
Vox Night Train
3 8%
Laney VC15
4 10%
Traynor Dark Horse
0 0%
Egnater Tweaker
11 28%
Fender Blues Junior
7 18%
Blackheart Handsome Devil
2 5%
Marshall Haze 15
1 3%
Any other one I forgot
5 13%
Voters: 39.
So what is it and why? I'm looking for a 15w tube amp and I am interested in what everyone here thinks.
could you be more specific on what you're looking for in an amp? there's a big difference between a Fender Princeton and an orange Tiny Terror

/inb4 tweaker.

EDIT: never even said an amp, haha. Definitely a Tweed Fender Deluxe.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Aug 11, 2010,
Well I'm pretty biased with the Tweaker. Best 15 watter I've played in a while.

The Vox Night Train is pretty awesome, too. I really liked the Blackstar Artisan 15 I played a while back. The Fender Blues Junior isn't too bad. Stay away from the AC15C2 or C1 or whatever the hell it is... or is it the CC2... I don't remember. Somebody will correct me, but it was some version of the AC15 that Vox put out last year or two years ago or something.

All in all I think the Blackstar Artisan is best for a no master volume classic rock crunch type deal. The Tweaker has a pretty good amount of gain on tap for just about any genre (with a boost, of course). The Night Train is best for modern rock, and can pull off good metal with a good OD.

I gig my Tweaker almost every weekend, and my band plays classic rock, blues rock, some random thrash, and some hard rock. Both amps take effects really well, but the only gripe I have with the Tweaker is that it doesn't clean up on the volume knob as well as I'd like it. But I like my cleans with a little bit of hair, so I don't really know.

EDIT: JHachey, I'm one of the few Tweaker owners that will actually recommend another amp.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Last edited by stratman_13 at Aug 11, 2010,
Quote by Jhachey22
could you be more specific on what you're looking for in an amp? there's a big difference between a Fender Princeton and an orange Tiny Terror

/inb4 tweaker.

I'm just looking at amps, and I'd like to get input on all of them and then try them out for myself.
tweaker. cuz, you can do anything with it. it made me my coffee at my friends house. and that was before it even warmed up
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Quote by dementiacaptain
tweaker. cuz, you can do anything with it. it made me my coffee at my friends house. and that was before it even warmed up

+1
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by stratman_13
Well I'm pretty biased with the Tweaker. Best 15 watter I've played in a while.

The Vox Night Train is pretty awesome, too. I really liked the Blackstar Artisan 15 I played a while back. The Fender Blues Junior isn't too bad. Stay away from the AC15C2 or C1 or whatever the hell it is... or is it the CC2... I don't remember. Somebody will correct me, but it was some version of the AC15 that Vox put out last year or two years ago or something.

All in all I think the Blackstar Artisan is best for a no master volume classic rock crunch type deal. The Tweaker has a pretty good amount of gain on tap for just about any genre (with a boost, of course). The Night Train is best for modern rock, and can pull off good metal with a good OD.

I gig my Tweaker almost every weekend, and my band plays classic rock, blues rock, some random thrash, and some hard rock. Both amps take effects really well, but the only gripe I have with the Tweaker is that it doesn't clean up on the volume knob as well as I'd like it. But I like my cleans with a little bit of hair, so I don't really know.

EDIT: JHachey, I'm one of the few Tweaker owners that will actually recommend another amp.

The Night Train is one of the amps I have yet to play. I love all the clips of it though. I did get a chance to play the tweaker and so far I LOVE the AC mode on it. The USA and Brit mode are cool but the AC mode rocks.
What genre of music do you play? Definitely check out the Blackstar Artisan 15. Great great 15 watt amp, and power switchable to 5 watts I think. I don't really remember. Simple layout, but amazing sound.
--

--
How about a budget... lulz

My vote goes to a CEC Suckerpunch15... I might be slightly biased.
3 jet city picovalves....stacked on top of each other....
Gibson RawPower SG 2009 (Zales)
Gibson Hummingbird 70's? (Amy)
Jet City JCA 20 Watt Combo
Dunlop Crybaby wah
MXR 10 Band EQ
Ibanez TS-9
Quote by stratman_13
Stay away from the AC15C2 or C1 or whatever the hell it is... or is it the CC2... I don't remember. Somebody will correct me, but it was some version of the AC15 that Vox put out last year or two years ago or something.

AC15CC1, came out in 2005 maybe? They recently updated it to the C1 and the newer one is said to be a lot better. Different speaker too.
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender American Special Strat
Assorted Boss and Hardwire pedals
Vox AC15C1
I liked the Fender Blues Jr. the best of all the 15 watt amps ive tried, but don't bother getting it unless its the one with the Jensen speaker.
Gear
3rd Power Amplification HD100
Splawn Competition
Marshall 1987x
Vox AC30C2

Charvel San Dimas 1 2H
2008 Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender MIM Strat

Check out my YouTube channel!
Quote by stratman_13
The Night Train is best for modern rock, and can pull off good metal with a good OD.

Are you serious? That is the complete opposite of what this amp is good at! It is very low gain on the bright setting and is perfect for classic rock. The thick mode is a heavy gainier, mid heavy sound for hard 70's rock. The amp is voiced completely wrong for higher gain and more modern forms of music.
Gear:

Ibanez RG350DX w/ Seymour Duncans and an OFR
Genz Benz Black Pearl 30 Head
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Tweaker. Best sounding 15 watter out there. I wanted to buy one, but I ended up going with my Super Champ XD. This little thing sounds great, and is cheap too.
Epi Elitist LP Plus
Marshall Class 5
Vox AC30 CC2

"A person is a success if they get up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do."
my mesa lonestar special in 15 watt mode
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by Leeav
Are you serious? That is the complete opposite of what this amp is good at! It is very low gain on the bright setting and is perfect for classic rock. The thick mode is a heavy gainier, mid heavy sound for hard 70's rock. The amp is voiced completely wrong for higher gain and more modern forms of music.

Tell that to Brent Hinds and his Plexi, which he used a lot on the new Mastodon album. Besides. You don't need an assload of gain for a great metal tone.

You can make an amp play whatever you want it to play.
--

--