So I have to buy a new speaker for my Marshall AVT50 (50watt), but the only G12 celestion speakers i seem to be finding are mostly 8ohm and 16ohm. My amp runs on 4 ohm. I found the G12T100 speaker which works with 4 ohms, but i was curious if my amp will be able to power the speaker without it being to muddy and unclear... any comments are appreciated.

Eric
My Gear:
PRS CE 22 Tortoise Shell 2008
Epiphone SG Korina Custom 2004
Gibson Lg-1 Vintage 1965 Acoustic
Marshall AVT 50
The speaker doesn't use 100 watts of power. The wattage rating on a speaker is how much wattage the speaker is rated to take. Like it can take 100 watts of power, but anything over 100 watts and it runs the risk of blowing. Anything under 100 watts it's A-OK.

It'll be fine. Go for it.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by ILL BisCuiT
So I have to buy a new speaker for my Marshall AVT50 (50watt), but the only G12 celestion speakers i seem to be finding are mostly 8ohm and 16ohm. My amp runs on 4 ohm. I found the G12T100 speaker which works with 4 ohms, but i was curious if my amp will be able to power the speaker without it being to muddy and unclear... any comments are appreciated.

Eric

That's tough, usually it's tough to find good 4 ohm speakers.

Personally, if I was you I would find a better amp to keep that PRS company.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by Guitarbaddie
That's tough, usually it's tough to find good 4 ohm speakers.

Personally, if I was you I would find a better amp to keep that PRS company.

Haha yeah dude i wish it was possible I just dont have the funds being i am a broke college kid. This will only cost me <$100 so Right now this is pretty much my only option.
My Gear:
PRS CE 22 Tortoise Shell 2008
Epiphone SG Korina Custom 2004
Gibson Lg-1 Vintage 1965 Acoustic
Marshall AVT 50
Quote by ILL BisCuiT
Haha yeah dude i wish it was possible I just dont have the funds being i am a broke college kid. This will only cost me <$100 so Right now this is pretty much my only option.

I understand haha
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90