Page 2 of 55
Just got a Samsung Intercept the other day, great phone, I love everything about it so far, even the battery life is better than I expected, and I use my phone a lot, pretty much all day.
Guitar:
Jackson DX10D Dinky
Ibanez Tone Blaster 150w head
Line Six 4x12 cab
Marshall MG10CD
Dunlop Crybaby from Hell

Bass:
Ibanez ATK
Random ass EQ thing that's not even a real bass amp
1x18 2x10 cab
Ah, I dont have an android phone yet (my contract with Verizon doesnt end until February) but I really want a Droid Incredible. But since so many new android phones are coming out (Galaxy S/Fascinate, new HTC qwerty slider supposedly coming out early next year, Droid 2) I might change my mind. I would still be extremely happy if someone gave me an outdated G1 cause I think Android is so cool (I currently have a LG Versa, DONT EVER BUY AN LG PHONE.)
PSN: pr0crastinatin
I'm a girl :P
I have a Motorola Backflip. It's on 1.5 and i feel like I'm missing out on so much android offers buy being stuck at Cupcake.. But I do love what i can do and it completely destroys my friends Iphone. Also, i have a physical QWERTY board, so thats a bit of a plus and makes emulators easier to use.
Schecter Hellraiser C7 FR/Bareknuckle Cold Sweat/Liquifire
Godin A12 - For Sale
1991 EBMM Silhouette
Emperor 2x12

7+>6, ERG Legion

Like going fast?
Okay, so I'm due for an upgrade in nine days, and I'm going for an Android device (on Verizon).

I am absolutely torn among the HTC Incredible, the Droid X and the Droid 2.

Tell me which one to get and why. GO!
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Quote by TheChaz
My friend has the Droid X. Sickest phone I've ever seen. Blows the iPhone out of the water.

Beg to differ, Android phones don't even touch the polish and app store of iPhones. Not to mention the battery life, I can use it all day playing games and stuff and still have plenty of life left while I heard the Droid X only gets a few hours of life. The only thing I like about android phones are there "open-sourceness" but that come back to bite them when viruses start emerging for smartphones.
Gear:
Ibanez RG570 circa 1993
Ibanez S2020XAV
Carvin DC127
EVH 5153 50w
Orange PPC112
AxeFX II
i got the droid 2 yesterday and its awesome
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by jambi_mantra
Google now reads your texts, congratulations. But my brother has one and it does seem awesome.

No... they don't.

Google makes the operating system, they don't make the phones, nor do they manage the networks...

Quote by breadstick
Apparently Android users get less sex than Blackberry and especially Iphone users.

I'm just sayin.

Now does that say anything about the phone, or the people buying hte phones?

Quote by Lt.DustyBanana
Beg to differ, Android phones don't even touch the polish and app store of iPhones. Not to mention the battery life, I can use it all day playing games and stuff and still have plenty of life left while I heard the Droid X only gets a few hours of life. The only thing I like about android phones are there "open-sourceness" but that come back to bite them when viruses start emerging for smartphones.

Wanna know a little something about iPhones? Or the ipod touch (both regular and over-large versions)? The security flaw that allows one to jailbreak it just by going to a website and sliding a little slider, can currently only be fixed by jailbreaking it so you can download a fix not made by apple.

Now don't get me wrong, the iPhone is beautiful, and Apple makes great software, but I will never ever buy an Apple product quite simply because I am not allowed to do as I please with my phone. I can only do as I please with the things Apple allows me to have, and considering that I'm studying computer science, and will quite possibly design my own mobile apps in the coming years, the ability to actually see the source code for hte operating system i'm writing for - without having to pay the maker for a mere opportunity to submit my app and hope it gets approved, only to then have it's potential market limited by the fact that it exists only on one device (though that does make hardware compatibility easy), which currently is only on a single carrier (in the US anyways), is very very appealing.
Bump, AndroidFags.

I rooted my phone over the last couple of days, installed CyanogenMod 6.1 and put a nice theme on it.

You liek?

WARNING: This is a BIG picture, click for full res.
Last edited by LordBishek at Jan 29, 2011,
I have the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S (Vibrant)
I rooted it and am now running the Bionix V Rom. Stock the phone was okay, now the phone rocks.
I've got the Samsung Epic w/droid. Best phone I've ever used, its incredible
Quote by LordBishek
Bump, AndroidFags.

I rooted my phone over the last couple of days, installed CyanogenMod 6.1 and put a nice theme on it.

You liek?

WARNING: This is a BIG picture, click for full res.

nice, I've got a HTC Legend which I rooted as soon as I got it and I'm running CyanogenMod 6.1 as well.

its pretty damn awesome, and the Legend has great battery life. Not quite as quick as more recent handsets but certainly quick enough and still fully featured.

Some of my favourite apps:
AK Notepad
Autokiller
Barcode Scanner (must-have)
Clockr
FxCamera
Ringdroid
SoundHound
SwiFTP (wirelessly transfer files from your computer to your phone)
Quote by Diamond Dave
nice, I've got a HTC Legend which I rooted as soon as I got it and I'm running CyanogenMod 6.1 as well.

its pretty damn awesome, and the Legend has great battery life. Not quite as quick as more recent handsets but certainly quick enough and still fully featured.

Some of my favourite apps:
AK Notepad
Autokiller
Barcode Scanner (must-have)
Clockr
FxCamera
Ringdroid
SoundHound
SwiFTP (wirelessly transfer files from your computer to your phone)

Sweet, I'm going to try the SwiFTP thing, it sounds really useful.
I can't wait to get the HTC Droid Incredible. Will be my first smartphone, but it will be epic! Android FTW!
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
I for the most part have a Android phone.

I have T-Mobile's branded version of the HTC HD2 and while it came bundled with that horrific Windows Mobile 6.5 I've been running Android on it for the past three months with little fault. Android is simply awesome.

Awesomeness :3
*Insert witty boisterous relic of seemingly useless allegory for means of simply amusing a random personage*

My babies:

Epiphone Les Paul (Honeyburst)
Fender MiM Strat (Classic Black/White)
Epiphone Riviera (Wine Red)
Quote by physicsdummy
I for the most part have a Android phone.

I have T-Mobile's branded version of the HTC HD2 and while it came bundled with that horrific Windows Mobile 6.5 I've been running Android on it for the past three months with little fault. Android is simply awesome.

Awesomeness :3

Shoulda just done what I did and got a Desire HD
I have an HTC Droid Incredible. And I have loved it since the day I got it last year for my birthday. The battery life took a while to train, but I get about 14 hours of use out of it everyday.

Easily the best phone I have ever owned.
Quote by LordBishek
Shoulda just done what I did and got a Desire HD

Didn't have a choice, my friend. XD

I was contractually obligated to T-Mobile and my only choices at the time were the HD2 or the severely underpowered MyTouch3G
*Insert witty boisterous relic of seemingly useless allegory for means of simply amusing a random personage*

My babies:

I have a Samsung Galaxy S. Great phone, but I guess I prefer normal buttons instead of touchscreen. It's a tactile thing...
Fender American Vintage '62 Jaguar
Fender Crafted in Japan '62 Telecaster
THD Flexi-50 + Vox V112HTV Handwired Cab
Android > iPhone
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

What apps do you all use that are worthwhile? I have like none besides a notes app and pandora and I have so much space I need to fill up.
I had the Galaxy S for half a month and it pooped out on me, so I got the Iphone 4. Having trouble with it to.

In short, **** smartphones.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
I have Motorola Flipside. Coming from having only used phones for calls and texts, it's pretty awesome.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
I bought an Orange San Francisco recently (ZTE Blade). I bought it for £100 (plus an annoying obligatory £10 top up), on PAYG, then we unlocked it, rooted it, de-Oranged it ('cause Orange suck), and I use it with my O2 PAYG account. When I top up £10, I get 300 free UK texts and 500mb of mobile data, which lasts until the end of the month. If I run out of mobile data, or reach the end of the month and don't feel like topping up to get more mobile data free, it costs me a pound a day to use mobile data.

Which is a pretty good deal

And I love my phone, it's really great. I can't recommend any apps in particular, because I don't know what you like; but one that is pretty useful for 2.1 is LinkPush, which is like chrometophone. My boyfriend made it, and it pushes links from your browser (Chrome or Firefox) to your phone, provided you're logged in to your Google account. http://linkpush.appspot.com/

What other apps do I have...I have a couple of sciencey ones, which list formulas and the like. I have a scientific calculator. I have a Japanese-English dictionary, and some practise cards for kanji, I have Google Sky map, which you should DEFINITELY have a look at, because it's pretty cool (even if you're not into astronomy). Google Shopper and Google Goggles are also very cool, check those out, and Barcode Scanner is useful for identifying products online by scanning IRL barcodes and QR codes.

What else...I use My Tracks for exercise purposes; it records my route, speed, elevation, time taken, etc, and sends it to my Google account as a document and as a map, so I can save what I've done as a spreadsheet, organised by different types of activity...I can then share this with friends if I wish. That's pretty neat too.

I also have Skype installed, because hey, free calls. And Google Talk, of course...what else...I use Meebo IM for MSN, and yaaic for IRC. For reading PDF files (I read my course textbooks on my phone sometimes) I use ezPDF reader, which is the only one I've mentioned so far which is not free; Adobe Reader is rubbish and crashes.

YouTube and YouTube Remote (lets you control YouTube vids on your computer, from your phone) are pretty neat, also. Erm...can't think of anything else in particular. Oh! Important one - NetCounter. It measures your internet usage - WiFi and mobile. Pretty useful for keeping track of your allotted mobile data. I also have the WiFi reconnect widget, because with my phone, it doesn't always reconnect to the WiFi when it should.

Anyway I think that's enough app-spamming for today :| Hope that's of some use, lol.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Quote by physicsdummy
Didn't have a choice, my friend. XD

I was contractually obligated to T-Mobile and my only choices at the time were the HD2 or the severely underpowered MyTouch3G

Well it's practically the same hardware, so I guess it's all worked out if you managed to root and flash android

Quote by esther_mouse
I bought an Orange San Francisco recently (ZTE Blade). I bought it for £100 (plus an annoying obligatory £10 top up), on PAYG, then we unlocked it, rooted it, de-Oranged it ('cause Orange suck), and I use it with my O2 PAYG account. When I top up £10, I get 300 free UK texts and 500mb of mobile data, which lasts until the end of the month. If I run out of mobile data, or reach the end of the month and don't feel like topping up to get more mobile data free, it costs me a pound a day to use mobile data.

Which is a pretty good deal

And I love my phone, it's really great. I can't recommend any apps in particular, because I don't know what you like; but one that is pretty useful for 2.1 is LinkPush, which is like chrometophone. My boyfriend made it, and it pushes links from your browser (Chrome or Firefox) to your phone, provided you're logged in to your Google account. http://linkpush.appspot.com/

What other apps do I have...I have a couple of sciencey ones, which list formulas and the like. I have a scientific calculator. I have a Japanese-English dictionary, and some practise cards for kanji, I have Google Sky map, which you should DEFINITELY have a look at, because it's pretty cool (even if you're not into astronomy). Google Shopper and Google Goggles are also very cool, check those out, and Barcode Scanner is useful for identifying products online by scanning IRL barcodes and QR codes.

What else...I use My Tracks for exercise purposes; it records my route, speed, elevation, time taken, etc, and sends it to my Google account as a document and as a map, so I can save what I've done as a spreadsheet, organised by different types of activity...I can then share this with friends if I wish. That's pretty neat too.

I also have Skype installed, because hey, free calls. And Google Talk, of course...what else...I use Meebo IM for MSN, and yaaic for IRC. For reading PDF files (I read my course textbooks on my phone sometimes) I use ezPDF reader, which is the only one I've mentioned so far which is not free; Adobe Reader is rubbish and crashes.

YouTube and YouTube Remote (lets you control YouTube vids on your computer, from your phone) are pretty neat, also. Erm...can't think of anything else in particular. Oh! Important one - NetCounter. It measures your internet usage - WiFi and mobile. Pretty useful for keeping track of your allotted mobile data. I also have the WiFi reconnect widget, because with my phone, it doesn't always reconnect to the WiFi when it should.

Anyway I think that's enough app-spamming for today :| Hope that's of some use, lol.

That really is a good deal, that's pretty cheap for a really low. As for apps, I have a pretty awesome scientific calculator called handycalc, it can draw graphs too, which is impressive. I've got the Skype/Meebo thing too, as well as goggles and skymap. As for PDFs I'm using documents to go, which includes a pdf reader, but also has a word processor and a spreadsheet editor. I don't know if you read a lot of ebooks, but if you do, Kindle is a GREAT app. I haven't even bought any books off it yet, I've downloaded ebooks in .mobi format and read them in Kindle - currently working my way through Pratchett's entire Discworld series

For anybody who's interested in prettifying their homescreens, may I recommend SimiClock, Minimal Text Widget (can display time, date, weather, battery, etc) and beautiful weather. All free.
Quote by LordBishek
Well it's practically the same hardware, so I guess it's all worked out if you managed to root and flash android

That really is a good deal, that's pretty cheap for a really low. As for apps, I have a pretty awesome scientific calculator called handycalc, it can draw graphs too, which is impressive. I've got the Skype/Meebo thing too, as well as goggles and skymap. As for PDFs I'm using documents to go, which includes a pdf reader, but also has a word processor and a spreadsheet editor. I don't know if you read a lot of ebooks, but if you do, Kindle is a GREAT app. I haven't even bought any books off it yet, I've downloaded ebooks in .mobi format and read them in Kindle - currently working my way through Pratchett's entire Discworld series

For anybody who's interested in prettifying their homescreens, may I recommend SimiClock, Minimal Text Widget (can display time, date, weather, battery, etc) and beautiful weather. All free.

Yeah, I don't really read ebooks on my PC or my phone because the screens do my head in (I'm prone to migraines and tension headaches already). Also I'm disinclined to buy books unless they're physical copies, lol Google Books is pretty cool too, and Google Reader is useful for RSS feeds.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Quote by esther_mouse
Yeah, I don't really read ebooks on my PC or my phone because the screens do my head in (I'm prone to migraines and tension headaches already). Also I'm disinclined to buy books unless they're physical copies, lol Google Books is pretty cool too, and Google Reader is useful for RSS feeds.

That's true enough. Sucks about the tension headaches though.
I got a Droid 2, pretty awesome phone.
What are you dense?
Are you retarded or something?
Who the hell do you think I am?
I'm the goddamn Batman.

April 19th, 2011: The Night of the Boob

Quote by LordBishek

I have, Android is running off NAND and not SD, it's almost eerie how well it runs on the phone, feels like it was made to but HTC scrapped it last minute and went with Windows.

My babies:

Last edited by physicsdummy at Jan 30, 2011,
Quote by JimmyBanks6
yepp 55$ a month, our plans are absolute shit in Canada because there are only 3 major phone companies that run a monopoly together with no competition

Thats not a monopoly then

Gear:
Ibanez JPM P100A
Schecter C7 Loomis
Ibanez Rg1570
Agile Intrepid 828 Pro Dual
Schecter Omen FR Extreme
Ibanez RG550 (Fernandez Sustainer)
Laney World Series 120-TR
POD X3 Live
So recently i rooted my desire,
and flashed on a gingerbread rom Oxygen

thing runs like a top now, insane the speed difference from sense to a practically 100% clean rom.

Definitely suggest rooting and flashing in a better rom if their is development for your type of phone

Quote by blue_bogan
Thats not a monopoly then

oligopoly wow, useful post bro.

just as price fixed as gasoline.
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Last edited by JimmyBanks6 at Jan 30, 2011,
Bamp, googlefags.

Just flashed CM7.0.3 - Gingerbread is fukken awesome, man.

Tell me what you think of my latest pimping, click the image for the big version.
Last edited by LordBishek at May 9, 2011,
hey Ash,
another sick eng app that just came out is AutoCAD WS

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Just realised I had no use for it though because I'm not a civil engineer

I tell you what, if they had one for Solidworks or CATIA, I'd be all over it though
lol oh okay,

its still a pretty cool app just to screw with

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
I have a LG Optimus One , it's got Froyo (or something) the only problem so far is that to set a .mp3 as your ringtone you need to download an app.

You should get the barscanner app since it makes easier to find the apps you want to download.
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Steam/XBL Gamertag: Ostinattos

Why not Zoidberg?

Note: Every time someone posts <3 all I see is testicles with a party hat.
Quote by JimmyBanks6

oligopoly wow, useful post bro.

just as price fixed as gasoline.

quoting the old post first to give a +1

and secondly to say that you can get decent plans with your phones if you or someone in your family is a long time customer with one of the companies. I got a sick deal on my phone, as did my dad, since he has been with Telus for 10 odd years or something.

@ new post, I'm running an unrooted Milestone with 2.1 "update1 (im not sure what that update was lol)". What would you recommend I do with it to make it sexier?
Quote by LordBishek
Bamp, googlefags.

Just flashed CM7.0.3 - Gingerbread is fukken awesome, man.

Tell me what you think of my latest pimping, click the image for the big version.

yeah I've upgraded to that too, its sick hey

what theme is that by the way? and where do you get them from? I've only found some far more basic looking ones.
Quote by Ostinattos
I have a LG Optimus One , it's got Froyo (or something) the only problem so far is that to set a .mp3 as your ringtone you need to download an app.

You should get the barscanner app since it makes easier to find the apps you want to download.

Seconded. Google goggles will do it as well, but the barscanner is pretty good.

What ringtone manager are you using then? Ringdroid?

Quote by Diamond Dave
yeah I've upgraded to that too, its sick hey

what theme is that by the way? and where do you get them from? I've only found some far more basic looking ones.

It's a custom theme that I made using the Ultimate Online Theme kitchen - very easy, very quick. If you have a Desire HD running CM7, I can send you the flashable zip, but I can't guarantee it'll work for other phones.

Quote by Thrashtastic15
quoting the old post first to give a +1

and secondly to say that you can get decent plans with your phones if you or someone in your family is a long time customer with one of the companies. I got a sick deal on my phone, as did my dad, since he has been with Telus for 10 odd years or something.

@ new post, I'm running an unrooted Milestone with 2.1 "update1 (im not sure what that update was lol)". What would you recommend I do with it to make it sexier?

Sexier how? In terms of widgets, or theming?
Last edited by LordBishek at May 9, 2011,
Rings Extended.

Also if you don't want to download an app , you can connect your phone to your PC and create a folder named "ringtones" , save your music there and then the phone will recognize it as ringtones.
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Steam/XBL Gamertag: Ostinattos

Why not Zoidberg?

Note: Every time someone posts <3 all I see is testicles with a party hat.