i cant find/figure out what chord this is ive spent ages argueing with a mate about it

we searched google and looked through all the chord books i have

|----|
|-4-|
|-3-|
|-1-|
|-2-|
|----|

someone please put us out of our misery
Quote by nebiru
Is this your music?

Are you confused? You have like 5 genres mixed into one thing. Who's the dude with the lisp rapping? because I bursted out laughing.
B7#9, also known as the Hendrix Chord.

Ugh, scratch that, I misread your tab, what I said isn't correct.

Looks like a Bmaj7 with the fifth ommited.
Last edited by Keth at Aug 11, 2010,
Without context, it's hard to say, but it looks like a Bmaj7 with the fifth omitted.

You've got B, Eb, Bb, Eb, or Root, Major Third, Major Seventh, Major Third.

To above: That's what I thought a first glance too.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
if it helps
the chord progression is

|-4-|
|-5-|
|-4-|
|-6-|
|-4-|
|---|

|---|
|-4-|
|-3-|
|-1-|
|-2-|
|---|

|---|
|-9-|
|-8-|
|-6-|
|-7-|
|---|

|-4-|
|-4-|
|-4-|
|-4-|
|-6-|
|-4-|

Thanks for your answers guys <333

ps he was trying to tell me that it was the hendrix chord which was why the arguement started looooooool
Quote by nebiru
Is this your music?

Are you confused? You have like 5 genres mixed into one thing. Who's the dude with the lisp rapping? because I bursted out laughing.
D#5/B or Bmaj7 (no 5th)
"He who loves practice without theory is like the sailor who boards ship without a rudder and compass and never knows where he may cast."

~Leonardo da Vinci
Quote by rockingamer2
You've got B, Eb, Bb, Eb, or Root, Major Third, Major Seventh, Major Third.

Not to sounds OCDish ... but a B♭ isn't a Major 7th, it's a Diminished 8th. Also, the E♭ is a Diminished 4th.
Quote by pwrmax
Not to sounds OCDish ... but a B♭ isn't a Major 7th, it's a Diminished 8th. Also, the E♭ is a Diminished 4th.

Probably. I did do it pretty quickly.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Yeah its a maj7 with an om5, it can also be a m9 with an ommited root (wtf?) but yeah technically you can have a chord that dosent have the root, but it is then normally given a different name.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger