Page 1 of 3
There had to be something, whether it be a song, a person, or maybe a fantasy. So tell me pit, what made you say to yourself, I GOTTA LEARN HOW TO PLAY THE GITTER?
Last edited by testekleez at Aug 11, 2010,
Iron Man- Black Sabbath.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by smartalec007
Iron Man- Black Sabbath.

You too? Although for me, it was the song, "Warning". Awesomeness!
It was the Beatles that inspired me to play guitar, but it was Ozzy & Sabbath and Metallica that got me playing metal.
Northern wind take my song up high
To the hall of glory in the sky
So its gates shall greet me open wide
When my time has come to die
just pure expression. i played drums, and i wanted to add an expressive instrument to my playing
The intro of anthem part 2 by blink 182 inspired me to pick up a guitar. I loved how it sounded and I wanted to be able to play it.
e-married to Jack (bladez)
I went to see the Rolling Stones in concert.

And I thought: "****. If all these people go crazy for these geezers...there must be something about these guitars that make them this crazy."

So next day I ask my Grandma if I could have a guitar and I got a shitty one cuz she thought I would give it up in 2 months later.

8 years and 6 guitars later...
I used to be in plays a lot as a kid and wanted to learn how to sing so that I could get decent parts in musicals.

I picked up guitar as an "accompaniment" instrument.
It was cheaper than drums and easier to move around. lol seriously. only reason.
My Gear:
-Fender American 1962 Stratocaster Reissue
-1984 Marshall JCM 800 2204
-Ibanez Wh-10 Original
-Boss DS-2 Distortion
-Boss CE-5 Chorus
DimeBag.
Nuff' said.
Am I cool? Then Add Me!

Sick Boy, he carries a switch blade knife..
Sick Boy, likes to get into fights..
Quote by HomeRecording
just pure expression. i played drums, and i wanted to add an expressive instrument to my playing

I too started out on skins. Something about the guitar for me, that seemed more conducive to expression of self. Skins are cool, but you just can't quite get the same feeling out of percussion IMO.
i swear this thread has been done before...

OT: my parents told me to learn an instrument. at random i said guitar and here i am
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
Quote by Philip_pepper
I went to see the Rolling Stones in concert.

And I thought: "****. If all these people go crazy for these geezers...there must be something about these guitars that make them this crazy."

So next day I ask my Grandma if I could have a guitar and I got a shitty one cuz she thought I would give it up in 2 months later.

8 years and 6 guitars later...

Did improving the quality of your guitar help your playing?
You Shook Me All Night Long - AC/DC.

The song that not only inspired me to learn guitar, but also introduced me to classic rock in general.
Quote by :Vicious--
i swear this thread has been done before...

OT: my parents told me to learn an instrument. at random i said guitar and here i am

I'm sure it has, but all my other ideas are getting closed and I feel chatty lol.
Last edited by testekleez at Aug 11, 2010,
Quote by corrda00
I don't play guitar.

I started flute cause I love music.

Then I started bass simply because the world needs more bass players.

I suppose it doesn't have to be just the guitar, any instrument really, but it IS a guitar forum after all.
I think it was just because I wanted to. Then when I saw my cousin's really shitty guitar that he left behind in my grandma's apartment, so I took it and then actually started to learn. I think the Seven Nation Army riff was the first thing I learned.
I always had a slight wanting to play guitar but i thought it was some kiddish phase in elementary school. AND THEN came Guitar Hero and Rock Band and i finally decided that since i play alot of that stuff then maybe i should finally move onto a real guitar.
Quote by Dream Floyd
I wore a Justin Bieber shirt to one of my gigs once. I then ripped it off and burned the shirt. One of the most metal things I've ever done.

Quote by Paith
and that thing is super sexy......like megan fox sexy.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Since when has asking the pit counted as research?
My friend played guitar and started tapping and I thought, "wow, I bet you'd have to be better than Jesus to do that." Then showed me how easy it is and I figured that learning to play a lot of things wouldn't be as hard as I thought either. Though if it wasn't for Metallica, I don't think I would have stuck with it.
Quote by keyboardcomrade
I always had a slight wanting to play guitar but i thought it was some kiddish phase in elementary school. AND THEN came Guitar Hero and Rock Band and i finally decided that since i play alot of that stuff then maybe i should finally move onto a real guitar.

Glad you did! Do you think Guitar Hero type games inspire others to take up the real thing as well?
My cousin. I saw him playing and thought it was the coolest thing ever.
Gear:
Squier Affinity Series Stratocaster
Epiphone G-400
Line 6 Spider
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
BOSS DD-3

"Wish I Had This" Gear:
Guitars- G&L, Gibson, PRS
Amps- Egnater, Bogner
Effects- Fulltone, JHS, Eventide
Chicks!!!!
Originally Posted by Landman
Traded a 1990 Calloway Driver for a 2001 Fender Bass

Quote by dubes216
WIN!!!!

Quote by FRr3AkOnALEaSh
You must of jizzed yourself knowing you made a deal like that ^.^
Quote by Landman
Chicks!!!!

Definitely this, also i guess Hendrix influenced me a little and i wanted to be as cool as him
Appreciating Metal since 1998

R.I.P - Ronnie James Dio

1942-2010
Quote by Wisthekiller
The King of the Hill theme song made me want to play. I wish I were joking...

It is a cool theme song.
Welcome to Bucketheadland by Buckethead. And pretty much Buckethead in general.
Because deep down, I know you want to:

My Youtube Channel

Constructive criticism is always welcomed.
Quote by Mr. B.
Welcome to Bucketheadland by Buckethead. And pretty much Buckethead in general.

No one can deny the awesomeness of the Buckethead!
Quote by testekleez
Glad you did! Do you think Guitar Hero type games inspire others to take up the real thing as well?
It's what inspired me. It also influenced my music tastes, one of the first songs that I went crazy about was Panic Attack by DT after playing it on Rock Band 2. And how I love prog metal with a vengeance. Coincidence? I think not.
One day met a and he was all like because he had
never met a before. I told about the powers that this
possessed and he proceeded to it for its magical meat.
Then died. The End.
Page 1 of 3