ok... what are peoples opinions on this?

i know i dont know much about the rules of how a "custom" guitar works but you cant order a custom les paul that comes out looking like an SG...

so is it fake and if so is it legal to advertise it in the way that they are?

"LES PAUL CUSTOM IN GOOD CONDITION AND IN PERFECT WORKING ORDER!!!"

http://www.cashgenerator.co.uk/Electronic/les-paul-custom-electric-guitar/SK129
Quote by Metalmarathon
The concept of self-fulfilling prophecies never seem to occur to the ones that always create them.

Attic Green
My Band
It depends...Early SG's were called Les Paul Customs...
There is no greater joy than soaring high on the wings of your dreams, except maybe the joy of watching a dreamer who has nowhere to land but in the ocean of reality.

I'm back!
SGs used to be called Les Pauls till Les had his name taken off of them because he didn't like them. So they were renamed. That's a total rip for that Epi though.
Yeah...I know as of the moment...Gibson is doing a version under that name but I don't know if they are (are ever have) done one in an sg...looks pretty similar though...
There is no greater joy than soaring high on the wings of your dreams, except maybe the joy of watching a dreamer who has nowhere to land but in the ocean of reality.

I'm back!
Alright...so sam ash has one for sale for about 500 american...if it is that...its real

I'm back!
the les paul custom is just a model.

it's not a custom les paul that looks like an SG.
Check the headstock, people. It's an Epiphone.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by FatalGear41
Check the headstock, people. It's an Epiphone.

And epiphone handles all of gibson's reissues. So your point?
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
Quote by Sinister Waffle
And epiphone handles all of gibson's reissues. So your point?

Gibson handles all of Gibson's reissues. My point is that is is just an Epiphone version of the old Gibson 61 Les Paul Custom. It isn't fake. It is what it is. The price being asked is about right. As long as it isn't a knock-off of an Epi, there's nothing deceptive about the ad.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
its a re-issue of a 1961 Les Paul custom. it's legit and was only made for that year. after that les had his name taken off and it was renamed SG
Quote by FatalGear41
Gibson handles all of Gibson's reissues. My point is that is is just an Epiphone version of the old Gibson 61 Les Paul Custom. It isn't fake. It is what it is. The price being asked is about right. As long as it isn't a knock-off of an Epi, there's nothing deceptive about the ad.

Ah, I read your statement as "its Fake cause it says epiphone".

My apolgies
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!