My bands playing a BOTB in a month or so, and its compulsory to do a cover song.
We wanna do something that will give us the edge!
I dont mean a straight cover. I mean something interesting, (Like a pop song that we'd redo or something.)

Any suggestions?
Please dont say Don't Stop Believing. . .
pick a song yous like
ALL OF MY CRAP SONGS/IDEAS

Quote by God
LOLjk guise, im not real.

Quote by JDbbx
I don't want to go into detail but it involves my girlfriend, a condom and 10 seconds.

If anyone sigs that I shall be most irritated
Play something by Alkaline Trio!

Saw your avatar, couldn't resist All of their songs are simple but really catchy, do Mercy Me. I can't really think of any of their other songs that don't say **** or talk about drugs or alcohol
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Play the Safety dance!

S A F E T Y
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by MadClownDisease
Yeah any 80s/90s classics would do.

I suggest Blue (Da Ba Dee) by Eiffel 65

This. I love that song.
Do the Time Warp, from Rocky Horror. Honestly, theres a great chord chart here on UG, and I covered it with my old band, and it went down a storm every time. If you apply it to your bands style, it'll be awesome.
Like a virgin by Madonna
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life."
-Frank Zappa

"Where words fail, music speaks."
-Hans Christian Andersen
Whatever you do, the key thing to remember is to try and do something most everyone will recognize. Otherwise you'll kind of defeat the purpose of covering a song.
Quote by Stud_Muffin
Do the Time Warp, from Rocky Horror. Honestly, theres a great chord chart here on UG, and I covered it with my old band, and it went down a storm every time. If you apply it to your bands style, it'll be awesome.

This
OMFG - Strapping Young Lad

OR Harder Better Faster Stronger - Daft Punk! you know you want to
Last edited by hippiebass at Aug 11, 2010,
LACES OUT, DAN!- fall of troy
Quote by DieGarbageMan
i can become erect whilst displeasing women

What a talented person.
Play something very well known, but not obvious.

"The Time Warp" is a great idea. Something off of Grease would be a good choice too. I am going to have to say the King of The Hill theme song though.
Your Love is My Drug - Ke$ha

i heard this done a little while ago and it was great, plus its still pretty relevant with pop music today that pretty much everyone will know it
NOPE
gloria gaynor - i will survive,
we played it once, people loved it
il sara7a il sara7a, i made you a goat but i eated it

we are not racist, we hate everyone equally