This is an instrumental I've been working on trying to incorporate some new ideas in to my playing such as jazz influences and in this song an Arabic scale. The timing on the arpeggios in the bridge need some work and the verse melody gets repetitive. Any ideas to mix it up a little? And of course comment for comment.

Arab Rock
Well, don't want to let you down, but I didn´t like the mix, cuz it isn´t totally arab or jazz, and that kind of distortion followed by clean jazzy-arpeggios sounds ugly, keep the distortion parts anyway and make it a full song

There's

NEVER

enough

GAIN

It also gets too repeatitive, following the same riffs all the time

There's

NEVER

enough

GAIN

WuG,
Homossasa Springs is a really nice place BTW! I snorkeled with Manatees in Crystal River (cool). I don't think the ska/reggae parts worked with the Arab parts in my opinion. Yes, your playing could be tighter. I liked the Arab parts for the most part, but without some vocals it does get repetitive. Drums are OK. Keep at it man! Please review my music at this link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1344496&page=1&pp=20
hey there... first of all... Im not really a great musician to start with.. and still learning... so my comments may sounds a bit awkward sometimes...

ok... So I like the Idea of the title but then, when I listen to the song.. its starts to erase my expectation... the combination between arabian and jazzy music were not implemented well.... so it sounded like two different songs combined.... so what you could do is.. try to have the whole song planned out first... whats the story u want to tell... cos from what you've done is simply just putting some licks that have the value and feel of arabian song without any story to tells...

ok.... the recording could have been better.. cos the sound from the distortion is a bit too distorted or too muddy... I think... it is better to bring down the level of distortion a bit... and try to have a reverb on it...

ok... from my point of view... the arabian feeling is only 10% in this song... cos the beat does not implying its a rock and arabian song... try to listen to some of the arabian song... they have a distinctive beat that they usually do... and try to use some vibratos techniques in trying to get an arabian feeling.. it might work..

ahahaha ok... so I hope u dont take this the wrong way... You got a lot of potential to be superb... but you still need to work on it first... and if you have some time...

please do check out mine...

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1341297

~Peace from Malaysia~